Home Sports Talk
Options

Yes, Blackhawks!!! 2009-2010 NHL Stanley Cup Champs!!!

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Couldn't be happier for the Blackhawks. They're who I wanted to win it, and the people of Chicago have been waiting for a LONG time!
  • Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    How about that last goal. I was confused for a while until they showed the replay.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to you Hawks fans...hard earned, well deserved championship!!

How about Jeremy Roenick, in the post-game show, remembering some kid who was crying as Roenick left the ice, after losing in 1992? Telling the kid that, after 18 years, he hoped he was smiling....Roenick breaking into tears...a total class act, that Roenick.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Absolutely. There is nothing better than watching someone hoist the cup for the first time. Congrats to Marian Hossa, Brent Sopel, and all the old guys that finally got it. I still get chills four years later after remembering Rod Brind'amour lift it for the Canes. Enjoy it Blackhawks fans!!! It gets no sweeter than this!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to the 'Hawks.

The White Sox got the monkey off their back in '05.

Who's next? Could it be? image

Nah!!!
  • Options

<< <i>
    How about Jeremy Roenick, in the post-game show, remembering some kid who was crying as Roenick left the ice, after losing in 1992? Telling the kid that, after 18 years, he hoped he was smiling....Roenick breaking into tears...a total class act, that Roenick. >>

That was awesome! "It's the Chicago Blackhawks, man."
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to the Blackhawks.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to the Hawks, hopefully the B's will win it soon.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Not a hockey fan, but I'm super happy any time Philly loses!!! Plus my dad's side of the family is from Ill.
  • Options
    expect more cups in the upcoming years.
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    Way to go Hawks!!!
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options

<< <i>expect more cups in the upcoming years. >>

It will be interesting to see how they navigate the salary cap next year.
  • Options
    the first step is sending huet to the minors. That would clear some room
  • Options
    expect more cups in the upcoming years

this coming from the guy who said that the Hawks didn't have the goal-tending to win. Now we're a forthcoming dynasty eh...
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    So THAT'S where all the SOX energy came from the past couple games!!! Maybe this is what they needed to jumpstart their team and pull their heads out of their arses.... too bad for us, but i actually want to see the Sox start playing better as they should. Nice to see the Hawks finally nab one. Congrats!!!
  • Options
    How are you guys feeling about the salary purge?
  • Options
    none of it bothered me until we lost Andrew Ladd. Every non-mouthbreather Hawks fan knew we were going to lose most of the bottom 6 forwards like Madden, Byfuglien, Versteeg, Eager, and Burish, but right up until Ladd was dealt yesterday it was assumed we'd have the money to keep him since the mid-tier starting goalie market has bottomed out and starters like Chris Mason are receiving less than $2M per year. So with Niemi being an RFA we assumed Ladd was staying. Of course having $4.19 million in performance bonuses (which count against the cap) doesn't help matters either...ie Toews' receives $1.3M alone for winning the Conn Smythe. No one really knows what we have in the minors to replace these guys because we were so deep the past 2 years, we didn't get to see many of them aside from Bickell. Stan Bowman will be doing some bargain shopping for 3rd pair d-men, and hopefully someone to help fill Ladd's spot on the 3rd line. At last check, we have about $5M left under the cap. But losing Ladd hurts..he's one of the best defensive LW in the game, and kicks in 15-20 goals...usually key goals and along with Bolland helped shutdown the top Red Wing, Sharks, and Sedin lines. But with Eager, Burish, and Byfuglien now gone, and the Canucks are about to lose Willie Mitchell and Bieksa, that heated Canuck and Blackhawk rivalry has already lost a lot of steam.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    congrats!!!

nice to see an original six team win
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    College sports deserves some recognition here...

I would go so far to say that Northwestern deserves the title of getting the monkey of the back by making an incredible appearance in the Rosebowl against USC- and even though Northwestern may not have won, the fumble call in the third quarter that went against the Wildcats did not help... Musso was down and we all know it.

Okay... NU is in Evanston- however, I am truly an Illini fan and would still rather see credit go to the most worthy source and that is NU

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.