Options

1976-S Eisenhower IKE Dollar PCGS MS68 Silver

GOES FOR $1,231.33.
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭

From the picture, its luster does not look good. That's why I did not bid high. A full grade MS68 1976S should be worth more than $1200, IMO. image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Wow... wonder who this is. All his recent e-bay purchases were knives and golf clubs.

Then there are three bad experiences with AH-collectibles!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coin looks great! No white spots these are famous for. As far as luster, that's hard to scan. PCGS doesn't give out the MS68 grade easily on these, but boy- the prices have sure gone up.

peacockcoins

• Options
    I actually thought that minus the "stuff" on the reverse (above and to the left of the liberty bell AND between the "E" in onE and "D" in Dollar) I think that this 76s is in the mid grade of MS68.

Solid purchase but much higher than I ever thought. Also, this buyer used to be hot into Ikes about 3 years ago on eBay.
    My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??
  • Options
    The seller lives probably only a mile from me. He always has some great PCGS stuff.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    The price seems a little rich. I would have thought that you could buy a nice 76 in MS68 for $1,000. Maybe I am just behind the curve a little.

Greg