Home PSA Set Registry Forum

For the 55 Topps experts

Apologize if this has been discussed previously but....... I went through some 55's that I had not examined in many years. I know a scan would be so much more appropriate - but in that absence ..... I noticed that a McGhee #32 apparently had a "print shift" on the back that caused the green Topps to print over the card number and the Batting Record to share the same line as the stats. The word "year" is on the "total" line. The space where "year" should be is blank. I went through the 400 or so 1955 topps cards I have an do not have another example of this kind of print. Is this relatively common on the 55's. Again sorry for explanation without a scan. Thanks for any responses.

Comments

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    probably just a offset printed back. There are a few print varieties in the 55 topps set, but I dont think the McGee is one of them.. I wouldnt think it adds any value as well.
  • BenOutbidBenOutbid Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. It is a printing error but I was curious if that was common in the set. Thanks again.
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a PSA 7 and a PSA 8 McGhee...both look normal to me.
  • i have as many as 20 of these. they are all low numbers. they are typically the harder to get commons. have no idea what happened during the printing process, but it explains why some of the commons are so difficult. bill miller