Need some help!

Could someone tell me what these are?

Thanks for the help

Gallery 76 Americana & Folk Art
www.gallery76americana.com

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    What you have appears to be a collection of local stamps. Local stamps were used by independent mail routes and services, express companies and other private posts which competed with, or supplemented official services. These independent routes began in early 1844 and were mostly out of business by 1861. The images are a bit out of focus, but I managed to identify the first one in the second row as being an 1848 2 cent issue with a Scott Catalog value of $325.00. These local stamps are listed in the Scott Specialized Catalog.
  • Options
    They do not even look real but I do not know anything about stamps.
    Gallery 76 Americana & Folk Art
    www.gallery76americana.com
  • Options
    If these are real, they have a good deal of value. I suggest that you get them expertly appraised. I do not know who would be best, but maybe someone reading this would be able to suggest someone.
  • Options
    The stamp at the bottom of your picture showing a man on a horse appears to be a Spence & Brown's Express Post from 1848. The Scott Catalog lists it with a value of $1,500.00. The Russell Post Office is a wood engraving from 1954-1858 and has a value of $600.00. These catalog values are normally much higher than the actual market value.. the market value is usually about 20 percent of the catalog value. I hope these are real and not reproductions.
  • Options
    coverscovers Posts: 624
    None of those stamps are genuine (and I do know the differences). Worth about $1.50 each.
    Richard Frajola
    www.rfrajola.com