Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1986 Fleer Basketball Toughies? (Commons)

What are the toughest commons to get 9's (and 10's of course) on in 1986 Fleer basketball? And what do they run in PSA 9?
"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that there are not any really tough 9s...there are many out there. Johnny Moore is probably the toughest common 10.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    It seems that most of the cards on the right side of the sheet are tougher to find centered and sharp. So that would be card # 11, 22, 33, etc.....
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It seems that most of the cards on the right side of the sheet are tougher to find centered and sharp. So that would be card # 11, 22, 33, etc..... >>

This is correct. I haven't looked at a pop report in about a year, but I believe #66 Maurice Lucas is still the toughest card in the set.

The Jordan RC is actually one of the easiest to find well centered. Anyone with $1200 can buy a PSA 9 Jordan whenever they want, but try finding a #66 PSA 9 on Ebay.

• Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Andrew - Nobody is really tough in a 9 but the following commons are somewhat more difficult.

10 Birdsong
    11 Blackmon
    33 Fleming
    55 Johnson
    65 Lloyd
    66 Lucas
    88 Pressey
    110 Thompson

For 10's the following are tough

2 Adams
    8 Benjamin
    10 Birdsong
    11 Blackmon
    22 Davis
    43 Hanzlik
    55 Johnson
    56 Johnson
    65 Lloyd
    67 Malone
    70 Maxwell
    73 McHale** tough for a star
    75 Moncrief ** tough for a star
    76 Moore toughest common in the set
    78 Nance ** tough for a rookie
    86 Perkins** tough for a rookie
    100 Short
    121 Dominique Wilkins - toughest card in the set
    122 Wilkins
    130 Woolridge

• Options

Old thread. I know. But I'm bored!!!

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020 11:45AM

Anyone with $1200 can buy a PSA 9 Jordan whenever they want.

Make that about $7000+ these days.

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

@RedHeart54 said:

no kidding.........I didn't see that one coming! I really didn't think the demand would rise.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@billwaltonsbeard said:

@RedHeart54 said:

no kidding.........I didn't see that one coming! I really didn't think the demand would rise.

I was one of those people and then sold it later in the year to buy more wrestling cards. I sure wish I had just kept the Jordan and used my own cash to buy the other cards.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

Johnny Moore. That card is near impossible to find centered.