Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone have access to SGC Pop report database?

I am sure I can sign up, but I am hoping someone can just help me out.

I picked up this weekend the three golf cards from the 1924 Williards Chocolates set. It appears that these may have been the same cards that were part of the large lot of Williards that sold in the latest REA auction. I believe a dealer has maybe sold a few and appears to have broken up the rest of the set. I say this as these were the same grades presented in the REA set, and I can't imagine too many of these have been graded by SGC, just based on PSA pop report numbers alone.

Here are the Pop reports I am looking for and the grades of the cards I purchased:

Gene Sarazen SGC 70 card #20
Glenna Collett - SGC 80 card #19
and Arthur Havers - SGC 40 card #4

These are tough golf cards and I have only ever seen a few examples. There have only been 2 Havers (PSA 2 and PSA 3) 2 Colletts (PSA 5.5 and PSA 7) and 4 Sarazens (PSA 2, 2.5, 4 and PSA 7) ever graded by PSA, so I was really excited to get these cards for my own collection.

If anyone can help me out, just please post it here! I appreciate any help anyone can provide!

Dave
Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.

Comments

• Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    If you dont get anything here, you may want to go to Net54 and ask there in their golf or nonsport area.

The set is named 1924 V122, I deal with only the Baseball players and Hawaiians (Ive had a Ruth, a Cobb and a couple Collins cards, and the Kahanamoku) from the set and have never owned any of the other sports cards, but they are fairly scarce overall especially if you are looking for a single person.

Every card Ive bought was ungraded, and a higher % of the nonbaseball players are raw too, so Its really not a great indicator of pop. Canadian multisport cards are slower at getting graded IMO.

Heritage also had a near set in an auction last month, and if I remember right many were SGC cards.
  • Options
    123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭
    Sarazen - one each of 30, 50, 60, 70
    Collett - two of each 30, 40, 50 and one 80
    Havers - two 40's and one 70
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Nice score Dave. Scans?
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.