Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is there a good source for learning about signed presidentail documents?

RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
I was doing a little research and noted somewhere that apparently land documents were mostly signed for the president by the secretary. Is this true? If so, how can oen determine which is an authentic signature?

Please PM me with any help you can provide. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately most of the land-documents were signed by the secretaries. R&R enterprises used to have many that were certified as being autographed by the presidents themselves. If you want them for historical significance, or, investment, you'll have to go thru them, or a certification company, of auctions like Heritage. If you want something for the wall, you can look via the internet at the signatures and buy them on E-bay, etc. Only YOU will know, suspect the truth. My presidential autographs have come from when I have met them and received the autographs in person, either working with them, or meeting them at receptions/ceremonies. This would be VERY hard to get one from Lincoln. LOL Good luck! Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file