Home U.S. Coin Forum

I do NOT want to host my own photos...need a good photo site

mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
I do not want to buy a server.

DO NOT suggest "go-daddy" which has become a pain in my ass...or photobuktup ...because they are!

arrggghhhhhh!

Comments

• DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    tiny pics perhaps.
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    photobucket, anyway image

• drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TINYPIC
    Works fine....
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...what's the matter with the 'bucket?' image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

<< <i>...what's the matter with the 'bucket?' image >>

they lose pix...among other undesireable photo nazi attitudes.image
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is odd. I have used Photobucket for nearly a thousand photos with no loss nor "nazi attitudes". They have made a few changes over the years that I had to absorb, but other than that I've enjoyed great service.
    Good luck.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    never mind ...no help here.
  • SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The popups on photobucket are getting horrible and we all know its not going to get better.
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use photobucket,
    however I keep getting offers for 2 GB
    of free space on nikons

nikons mypicturetown
    LCoopie = Les
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The popups on photobucket are getting horrible and we all know its not going to get better. >>

Yes. I'm afraid they will not be sweetening the deal by hosting photos for free and sending users a check every month.
    Oh bother.
  • mumumumu Posts: 1,840

<< <i>never mind ...no help here. >>

Maybe if you give the thread more than half an hour on a national holiday you might get some answers?
  • MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭
    I started with photobucket which was OK. It has some speed, size and popup issues. I have moved to google picasa web albums. Much better. 1GB free storage, no resolution limitations, easy to link a photo at different resolutions without having to store separate versions, easy access if you already use Picasa (not required), ad free, and of course free.
    image Respectfully, Mark
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still say host yourself but you dont want to hear that....
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That is odd. I have used Photobucket for nearly a thousand photos with no loss nor "nazi attitudes". They have made a few changes over the years that I had to absorb, but other than that I've enjoyed great service.
    Good luck.
    Jim >>

I've not had any problems with them losing photo's either.

Once I went PRO, those annoying popup ads went away as well. Best money I ever spent! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    imgur.com
  • 23Pairer23Pairer Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    zenfolio.com
  • image shack. just make sure you don't lose the link, you'll know what i mean once you try it
    For those that don't know, I am starting pharmacy school in the fall. image
  • farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I registered my own website with StartLogic Quite inexpensive and fairly easy to use.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920

<< <i>

<< <i>never mind ...no help here. >>

Maybe if you give the thread more than half an hour on a national holiday you might get some answers? >>

image I think mozeppa's been taking "patience lessons" from realone... image
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    you can't beat the way photobucket organizes your folders and creates the links for you. They change it too often and have a few glitches now and then....I paid the upgrade when I ran out of room but I run an ebay business on it with thousands of past items, all hosted there.

I don't go a good job of keeping track of what is linked to which auction so I end up never deleting anything.

--Jerry
  • EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second Imageshack. Photobucket gets blocked at my office so I miss out on seeing lots of photos during the day.

JH
  • topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imageshack
  • coin22lovercoin22lover Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭
    I never understood why Photobucket was so popular. I'd highly recommend imagecave.com
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I never understood why Photobucket was so popular. I'd highly recommend imagecave.com >>

...as drew carey might say (and formally bob barker) THE PRICE IS RIGHT! image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My site is hosted at StartLogic, and while I have a real website to go with it, the images I post are simply in directories. Very easy to use, and it's also a great place to backup files in general, not just photos. Plus, it's only a few bucks a month.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file