Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Teletrade rocket.......

icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
To the moon!
Did I miss seeing something?
http://teletrade.com/coins/lot.asp?auction=2863&lot=1075
Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe the ugly black spot makes it cost extra?
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason a couple of bidders really want this coin.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    maybe 2 bidders competing for the registry set that only goes up to AU58? the everyman's set i think
    For those that don't know, I am starting pharmacy school in the fall. image
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geeze...but one Unc. and rub it a little.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>maybe the ugly black spot makes it cost extra? >>

They sure ain't makin' 'em AU58's like they used to! image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    gemtone65gemtone65 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps there are no bidders and the auctioneer is simply raising the posted bid up to the consignor's reserve level. This is the way that Teletrade handles reserve bids -- deceptively.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>maybe 2 bidders competing for the registry set that only goes up to AU58? the everyman's set i think >>

I think that the everyman set has a lot to do with it. Maybe I shouldn't have cracked out all those AU58s for my Dansco after allimage
    But then again, mine did not have the proper black spotimage
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Unimpressed. The spot on the reverse is a deal killer.

AU58 is a neat grade to collect. And late teen, twenty mint-marked Lincolns are really tough coins. I guess a couple of AU58 collectors have been looking for a while.

I'd pass.
    Lance.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sold, what were the bids up to?
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    $450
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file