Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anacs bust half

I Am considering purchasing an au 55 in an anacs holder. I can notice some hairline scratches on the coin. Should I be concerned about anacs grading process. For example how often is a graded anacs coin rejected from ngc or pcgs? Anyone experience would be helpful.

It's a great coin in my opnion and I know that ultimaty I'd what counts. Just want to make sure when your spending a few hundred on a coin I am dong it wisely.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion...if you can reasonably expect to find that same date/mintmark coin, in the same grade and in a PCGS holder...with just a little patience then that is what I would recommend...especially if you have the desire to use it in a PCGS set becasue you will have to cross it over and have it graded by PCGS which is an additional expense...and then you have already mentioned the risk involved with it crossing over at the same grade etc.

I have purchased a few ANACS and NGC coins for my Mercury Dime Collection with the idea of crossing them over....but I have only purchased them because of the very low number of the varieties graded at PCGS....if I find a coin I like in a non-PCGS holder AND there is a good chance of me finding it in a PCGS holder with just a little patience then I pass on it and look for the one in the PCGS holder.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot depends on the type of Anacs holder. The old little ones will likely cross just fine. The newer ones haven't done so well IMHO. I would agree on trying to find one already graded if you can.