Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Circulation finds; #1 a 2010 Cent (finally) and an UNC 1978D Quarter (how did this get into pocket c

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
Finally received a 2010 Cent in change. It is from the Philly Mint and I find that strange being that I live in No. Cal. The obverse bust of Lincoln looks so much better in higher relief, instead of the flat relief of the past 10 or so years. The prior flat relief makes Lincoln look cartoonish. I like the look of the reverse also. Surprisingly the coin has only a few minor spots you can see only with a loupe and it is free of marks. A Dansco hole filler.

The 1978D quarter is amazing. It looks like it just popped out of the striking chamber. Original skin, with a soft luster, pewter in color and strong strike. Definitely a keeper. Wonder where it spent the last 32+ years?

Comments

• Options
    UTTM07UTTM07 Posts: 313 ✭✭
    A couple months ago I got a 1972 D quarter that was so nice I almost thought it was silver. Some people just save buckets of coins for years...
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Both of those quarters are available in US Mint™ Sets with little retail value unless they grade MS67 or higher for the 78D and MS66 or higher for the 72D. I could understand someone just spending them since selling them can be way more expensive than they are worth given current fee's charged by eBay and PayPal.

They do make good album coins though.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just received two 2010-D dimes in change at a fast food restaurant. I guess they serve fast coins too! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...you guys are doing alright. i have yet to receive a 2010 OR a 2009 ANYTHING in change yet! image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file