Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I'm always amazed at some bidders...

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who just do not do any homework prior to placing a bid image

This Nicholson's Half Dime was a neat token when it crossed Heritage on May 4th for $100 with juice... Then last night goes for $260 at Teletrade image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Is this a common enough token which can be had almost anywhere for about $100, or is it fairly rare but doesn't have a lot of collectors?
    Or is there other information?

I still see this as a neat piece. Not worth $260 to me, maybe a $100, but it's really not my series so I don't know.
    Heck, all it takes is 2 to chase the thing!
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Heritage sale was a bargain.
    The Teletrade sale was a bit over retail, but really, how are these truly priced?

peacockcoins

• Options
    My guess is Teletrade had a reserve on the coin.
    Jaime image ~Proof Roosevelt Hoarder~ My Roosevelt Set
  • Options
    I see a lot of strange bidding on Teletrade... even more than on eBay.

Sometimes I can snag a coin on Teletrade for a good price (including juice) and other times, the bidding goes to the Moon. So strange to me. image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I very seldom win a coin on TT for under my max.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I see a lot of strange bidding on Teletrade... even more than on eBay.

Sometimes I can snag a coin on Teletrade for a good price (including juice) and other times, the bidding goes to the Moon. So strange to me. image >>

i agree, it is strange to me to and why its way over book. i dunno
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is this a common enough token which can be had almost anywhere for about $100, or is it fairly rare but doesn't have a lot of collectors?
    Or is there other information?

I still see this as a neat piece. Not worth $260 to me, maybe a $100, but it's really not my series so I don't know.
    Heck, all it takes is 2 to chase the thing! >>

The Missouri Nicholson's Grocery Store Half Dime tokens struck in German Silver and White Metal where considered rare around the turn of the century. However since the internet has become a major part of this hobby these have become quite common. Prior to focusing just on HTT's when I was collecting Merchant Tokens I was able to locate 4 of these in UNC on EBay in less then a 6 month period never paying over $70.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you were able to find 4 unc's on ebay in 6 months- how many would grade 63?

What did you think of the heritage price?

may the fonz be with you...always...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file