Home Precious Metals

What is Stacking?

My apologies for being ignorant about these things...but i see some buying brick loads of silver that could fill a Brinks Armored truck. Does one need to stack and why? If one wishes to sell these stacks of silver ..aside from the obvious answers like the BST and Ebay where else do you go? I see tons of them being offered in Ebay. Any answers to enlighten an ignoramus (me) is greatly appreciated. Thx.

Comments

• gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Stacking ~ hoarding same more or less. How you store it optional.

Avid collector of GSA's.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the newer 5, 10 up to 100 oz bars are actually designed to facilitate stacking---the top of the bar has a groove/recess around the periphery while the bottom of the bar has a flange around the periphery. When stacked, the flange of the top bar fits exactly into the recess of the bottom bar.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lots of that going on these days and maybe not a bad idea either
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think Scrooge McDuck........

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Think Scrooge McDuck........

image >>

I was thinking Dolly Parton.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking Gecko's recent silver picture. image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

You can buy and sell at major bullion dealers...apmex, buillion direct, etc on the internet.