Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What do Ronkonkoma NY, Toms River NJ & Warner Robins Ga. Have in Common ??

Good Morning,

Evidently they are Hot Beds of collecting. Out of my regular repeat customers of about 400-500 they break down as the most from anywhere in the country as follows:

Ronkonkoma, NY...Have at least 12-15 regular Customers of mostly Non Sport, few Sport

Toms River, NJ....Have at least a 15-18 Regulars evenly split between Sport & Non Sport

Warner Robins GA...Have at least 8-10 regular customers mostly Non Sport

Honorable Mention goes to Las Vegas, NV, Riverside, CA, and Santa Clara, CA

Any thoughts???

Neil
Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Dan Dischley published The Trader Speaks out of Ronkonkoma, it was the premier hobby publication until it ceased in '83, that might account for something. No idea on the rest, maybe nothing else to do there?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Neil,

Ronkonkoma is a couple of towns away from where I live in St James, NY. I remember a long time ago there were a couple of card shops there. Not sure if they still exist, as I have not visited a card shop in a LONG time!

Edited to add: Ronkonkoma is on Long Island where there is SO MUCH to do!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I live kind of close to Toms River it is kind of a nicer area of the Jersey Shore (but not really) I have a friend who owns a house down there and we go fishing every once in a while. It's a nice place, I don't remember many card shops but there are about a million stores in the town so there has got to be a few.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Warner Robins, Georgia is home to back to back little league World Series Champions this decade. It is just a baseball town, all around, full of Braves fans. I'm sure at least some of the kids (and their parents) there still collect cards as well.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

My top 3 are Carrollton,GA.... Apopka,FL and Brigantine,NJ...
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Toms River also had a LLWS champion I believe, so I was assuming that was going to be the answer!
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Somewhat on topic,

Shippensburg, PA has 2 board members (swartz1 and myself) and were 1990 Little League USA Champions (lost to Taiwan)
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Gary Walter Baseball Cards was in Toms River, NJ