Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

opinions needed--CARDS ARRIVED TODAY

purchased this today and need to turn it fairly quickly

ebay

most lots i buy are for cards i collect, this is different for me--most are gonna grade betw 4-6 i guess--not sure--how would

you handle it?

Got the cards today and have got them sorted--i hope to get enough interest on this board to not have to go to ebay--i've pretty much
moved everything to COMC, but i need to sell these fairly quickly

I,m starting from the oldest and havent got my scanner hooked up yet--spent about an hour looking at the 52s--theres 17 cards(16 diff)
Numbers are 48-85-122-128-136-138-155-168-194-200-202-206-206-214-237-241-248--average condition is gonna be around psa 4--
please let me know if you are interested in these--this lot was heavily laden with Yankee players so if your a Yankee fan, i think you might be interested--its gonna take time to go thru it, but i will have my scanner going by tomm night--thanks

Comments

• WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a pretty good deal. The only way you can turn it quick is to flip it to another dealer for a modest profit. Otherwise you have to break it up individually or in lots and relist it on Ebay. Breaking it up will net a higher profit but much more work involved than flipping it to a dealer. If I had bought a lot like that, I would grade the stars, dump the commons in lots on Ebay, then list the graded stars in my store. But that wouldn't be a quick resell that your looking for.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    very nice P/U.....i'd break that up to smaller lots/singles and take 'em back to eBay, you know the drill......better scans & descriptions will lead to better results.

betcha triple your money or better in a month's time with a little hard work.....good luck. image
  • arexarex Posts: 999
    I would be interested in any higher grade HOF cards.
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    Nice big scans with detailed descriptions (as mentioned) and sell them in very small lots of commons and less stars and singles for ALL HOFers and stars. List them all with a starting price of $0.99 with no reserve with a 7 day auction on Ebay and you will make out very well.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • appreciate all the replies--great advice as usual---i'm anxious to get them and ck condition--thanks
  • Poor scans, very vauge description with no mention at all about the condition of the cards.
    Im amazed it sold that high. Your Assuming they will grade 4-6 is pretty chancey on a non-descriptive ebay lot.
    What if they have major creases, writing, marks or stained backs, etc..? Grading only 2-3.
    Hopefully ya get lucky and they ain't full of pinholes writing and creases.

good Luck
  • StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    Like other people have said, it will take a little work, but you should do well with this. First thing I'd do is see if any cards are worth grading. Then start by selling off the big cards individually - like the Jackson rookie, any Mantles, the 60 Clemente and Aaron, etc..

Then see where you stand. if you've already made a good chunk of change, sell the rest off as a lot, or make lots by year. You may have a lot of $10 cards in there - start them at .99 ea and see where they go. I think you'll be pleased with the results. Looks like a fun lot. Good luck.
  • cards arrived today--please re-read first message--starting with the 1952 topps
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>cards arrived today--please re-read first message--starting with the 1952 topps >>

You are going to have to get that scanner started up and running if you want to sell these for top dollar.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies