Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Sending to PCGS this week!

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think I have vastly improved my "Coin Photography" since yesterday....it just takes a little time and experimenting.

For My Mercs...
Below are 3 items going into PCGS this week. I also have a 1940 s/s/s/s RPM in AU. I just don't know if I should send it in to PCGS because it will lower my Weighted GPA. What do you think? Should I send it in or wait until I find one in much better condition?

I might visit the Bank on Tuesday to go through a bunch of FB coins I have to see what might be worthy of sending in...I'm excited! image

1936 DDO MS-?? FB (RAW)

1941-D DDO & DDR MS67 FSB (NGC)

1944-D/D RPM-3 MS-65(ANACS)

Greg
Keyman Mercs
"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg - These all look good and should do fine at PCGS

Nice coins!

What kind of camera are you using?

Jon
  • Options
    Thanks Jon, my fingers are crossed. I am most excited about what I might find in my bank box. I think there are probably 100 or so MS coins in there but only maybe 20+ with FSBs. I hope to find 8 that I can send in for my "freebies" when I sign up.

I think I can still do better with my photos but I am certainly close...
    Nikon D300, Nikon 105mm f/2.8 Macro Lens stacked with 2x Teleconverter & a 1.4x Teleconverter. Images were recorded with a custom White Balance for the color of modeling lights on my Alien Bees 320ws strobe that I used as constant light...never used the strobe, just used the modeling lamps. I had the strobe mounted a little higher than the camera and slightly off to the right on a light stand. I had the camera mounted on another tripod and I used a remote trigger for the camera so I would not have to deal with camera shake when pressing the button. Everything was done near my eye level. I stood the coins up against some books on a book shelf....no reason to kill myself and break my back like some people think they have to do.

Captured at ISO 200 (not sure why I didn't use ISO 100...just not paying attention I guess)
    f/22
    Exposure was in the neighborhood of 10 seconds depending upon the shot.

I then used Adobe Photoshop CS4 to put the final images together.

Ummmm, hmmmmm....or were you looking for a much shorter answer..... image
    Sorry about that. Professional photography is a little of what I have done with my life.....and it certainly helps with this hobby.

Greg
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    wow two of those are awesome....makes me want to go buy one just to look at! image
  • Options
    Isn't cherrypicking yourself fun!?
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options

<< <i>Isn't cherrypicking yourself fun!? >>

The thrill of the hunt is awesome.....but also exhausting when you have so many to hunt for...take a look at my Reg Set and you will see what I mean. image