Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Any demand for 1909-1933 Lincoln Cent Short Sets?

I was just wondering if there has ever been any discussion on this sort of set. I would like to focus on the more valuable coins in the series, than spend time and money on acquiring higher grade common date coins, that may be tough for resale?

Comments

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was just wondering if there has ever been any discussion on this sort of set. I would like to focus on the more valuable coins in the series, than spend time and money on acquiring higher grade common date coins, that may be tough for resale? >>

You are definitely thinking the right way. Just start the regular wheat set and don't worry about the later dates. You can fill those slots super cheap while you are waiting on quality coins to fill the better dates.
    Doug
  • Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was just wondering if there has ever been any discussion on this sort of set. I would like to focus on the more valuable coins in the series, than spend time and money on acquiring higher grade common date coins, that may be tough for resale? >>

There was a thread on this a few months back. This is quite an exciting (and popular) set. Your problem won't be resale. Many of the "common dates", especially the teens, are hard to find (and expensive) in gem grades.
  • Options
    copperhuntercopperhunter Posts: 925 ✭✭✭
    My 1934-1958 set is nearly complete. Though, I am feeling the need to acquire more great 19th century type set examples, and thus needing sell off something in order to do so. So I am just looking for some justification for keeping and adding to my nice 1909-1933 set. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • Options
    My guess would be .... ABSOLUTELY.
  • Options
    My Lincoln Registry Set is sorely neglected after 1942 for the same reasons cited above. Edit to add: Anytime I "made" a 67 Red of a later date, I would sell it to buy earlier-dated coins!

Garrow King