Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

trimmed cards

in your opinion do you think big tim subbers get away with thing most of us dont?i just got a clemmens 85 donruss psa card that looks trimmed.ther is a lot of space between tha side of the card and holder.i compared the card to 3 others and its smaller than all of them?image

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    trimmed or miscut?
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Could be a factory set card. They tend to be smaller than the pack issued. Unlike the '87s (reverse printing on the reverse), there's no simple way to tell except the "rounder" corners, but even that is not always a given...
  • Options

<< <i>in your opinion do you think big tim subbers get away with thing most of us dont?i just got a clemmens 85 donruss psa card that looks trimmed.ther is a lot of space between tha side of the card and holder.i compared the card to 3 others and its smaller than all of them?image >>

if the clemens is from a factory set it will be smaller. I remember reading somewhere that all the cards for Donruss factory sets were cut twice to make them all uniform, when you look a hand collated set you see quite a difference in the length and width of the cards. JMHO
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

Well at least your card has four sharp corners, and your experiance was positive. image
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    iT iss not jusst 85 Dunruss, aall tha earrly Dunruss facctory set cards tind to be a little smaller.i think.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.