Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Help with 1830 variety and rarity... please

Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
Got this one this morning. I really need to invest in the bust half book... any help would be appreciated.

Tom

Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,

Comments

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been cleaned BIG TIME, and no book needed on my part. image
  • Options

<< <i>It's been cleaned BIG TIME, and no book needed on my part. image >>

Thanks for the obvious. I knew that. That wasn't the question I asked.
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    The bust half book is available in the 4th edition on ebay image
  • Options
    GABGAB Posts: 641
    I'd say it's an O-112a, R4
    Golf time!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info GAB!!

• Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Tom,

Yes, you're 1830 is cleaned, as you already know, but what I think you don't know is that it is an O-112a with a R4+ rarity.

Nice pick up image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cleaned yes, still a cool pick up in any case image happy memorial day all. enjoy
  • Options
    zap1111zap1111 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭
    A nice grab, given the rarity. Congrats.
    zap
    zap1111
    102 capped bust half dollars - 100 die marriages
    BHNC #198
  • Options
    Thanks Guys!! Thats all I was looking for. I knew when I purchased it that it was in fact cleaned. More like overdipped. There is some hairlines that have been left. It is still a very attractive coin in hand believe it or not.

I wasn't trying to be mean to the first guy who responded it's just I am tired of posting coins asking a specific question and the first thing someone does is respond with its cleaned or its scratched. I have been buying and selling coins for over 12 years. I know a cleaned coin when i see one and I know a neat one when i see one too. This one had a neat die clash so I thought I would post the question.

Honestly I don't mind negitive comments as long as the question i was asking is answered with it. Like... " hey this is a tough R-4+ variety but unfortunately it has been cleaned."

I will get off my soap box now. Thanks for listening and for those who had comments.

Thanks guys!
    Tom

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you, Tom. A lot of us feel the same way.

I usually head off the negative replies by saying "I know it's been cleaned, wiped, dipped, etc. and I can live with that. What about the details grade, variety, etc.?"

It's a pretty cool 180 year old CBH! I'd make it a pocket piece and show it to a hundred friends.
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file