Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Scans of recent poppage.

Here's a few that I got back recently. LMK what y'all think. I'll be sending Brooksie back to CA for a repeat engagement.

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    gtgrad99gtgrad99 Posts: 227 ✭✭
    I'd send Joe Willie back with Brooks.

I'll be sending back a '58 Tony Kubek with no wrinkles and nice corners that got a 3 once I get it here. Graders (at least the ones I have gotten lately) must be angry.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I'd send Roger with Brooks. Both should at least .5 if not 8. All sweet cards though!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Here's a couple more I just picked up:

Ron Burgundy

Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    I agree, just the Brooks Roby shipped back. Nice cards as usual.

A-Maysing Willie cards too. Wow!
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the sub...Great looking cards...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Ron,
    Nice stuff. I'm giving you my honest opinion as I have asked for yours in the past on some Mantle cards.

1963 Bob Gibson- very nice eye appeal strong 7-7.5

1957 B. Robinson- nicely centered with nice corners- too much print for an 8. Worth 1 more sub.

Namath- nice 8

1956 Mays PSA 9- nice card

1957 Mays PSA 8.5- very nice card: I would want it better centered T/B

1960 Maris- nice card

Awesome sub.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Mickey -

Thanks much, always interested in your feedback.

I'm gonna resubmit the Brooks one more time as it has no more print than my own PSA 8 and those mid series cards are notorious for print. If it were a common it would've been in an 8 holder the first time.

Agree on the others. I really like the 57 Mays 8.5. The color offsets the minor centering issue with it. Just love 57's with great color.
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    Nice stuff, I see that PSA continues to be very tough on '63 cards. I think if the print line wasn't right down the middle of Brooks' face you might have an 8 on it. Very nice Maris. Until I started putting the '60 Topps set together I had no clue how difficult(at least for me) it was to find true NM-MT '60 Topps cards. I normally submit mid '60s cards('63-'68) and it seems very tough to find raw '60 Topps that'll grade at 8. BTW, glad to see you back on the boards.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    good stuff!!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    great scans, i can see why now they used Barry Pepper to play Roger Maris in that movie 61*, could be his brother,, great cards all around,,, bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous cards; those two Mays are eye-popping. And I agree about re-subbing Brooksie, looks nice enough for at least a half-point bump.
  • Options
    Ron, very nice cards, definitely resub the Brooks, those are tough to find that well centered. should be an 8 as long as the back is halfway centered. good luck on the resub.

Sweet 56 Mays one of my favorites image