Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Opinions on eBay Wax Pack Seller cocolao-1?

Has anyone else bought from eBay wax pack seller cocolao-1 (Karen Prive in NH)? I bought a few 70s/80s packs at reasonable prices over the years, and received a few nice cards in the packs, but I'm not certain they are all legit. I have a reasonable amount of experience with vintage wax, and the wax seals/lines on the older packs were not perfectly clear (muted lines), though the sealing technology might have changed compared to the packs with very clear seals from the 80s. Could anyone else relay their experiences? Her Feedback is very good, so I'm certainly not making any accusations - just asking for opinions.

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    she buys a lot of items on ebay and resells as ungraded so it would not be a surprise if some bad packs get mixed in.
  • Options
    looks like a legit seller, just remember even the best unopened wax dealers, have been fooled by resealed cases/boxes/packs,
    how do you think they became so good at spotting resealed products, they got their lessons from the school of hard knocks, if a legit wax dealer says they have never been burned or scammed they are lying or they have not been in business long enough to know they have been burned.

the opening and resealing game has been going on since the mid 70's if not longer.JMHO
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S/He used to buy a ton of wax from a wide range of sellers, some of whom were known resealers, so I'd agree with Duncan and say that you'll probably find a mix of good and bad packs. Personally, I wouldn't deal with them.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Very reputable, Ive bought several vintage cards and wax packs that have checked out from (I thought it was a him) her.

Columbia Collectibles is what I think CoCo stands for
  • Options
    <<her feedback is very good>>

Some of the most notorious pack resealers on ebay had feedback ratings of 99% & 100% until they were exposed.

A high feedback rating is the pack counterfeiter's/resealer's greatest asset!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I think columbia city collectibles is cocicoco, not the same seller for sure
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think columbia city collectibles is cocicoco, not the same seller for sure >>

Exactly. Columbia City Collectibles Company (cocicoco - Mike and Cindy Mosier) is entirely different and not located in New Hampshire, but rather in Indiana. A HUGE selection of stuff. Sometimes a bit pricey, but they've got more oddball and unusual items than most any dealer I've seen on the circuit.