Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Ebay auction gone bad what should I do?

Hi - Just wondering what I should do about this?

I won this auction in hopes the card was gradable.

Link

11 bucks shipped was kinda steep but I was willing to pay since the card pictured in the auction looks very clean and no visible creases on it.

I receive a card in the mail today and it is not the card pictured on the listing. The card I got has a nasty crease on it to the middle right of the card near the stats and his right arm. Here is the card I got.

I sent the seller an email saying

"Hi - The card that was pictured in the auction is not the exact same card you mailed to me. There is a nasty crease on the card you mailed to me. The crease is not on the card you have listed in the auction. I really need this card but crease free. I wouldn't have bid on the card had the creased card been pictured. I wish to return the card if possible. Thank you for your time - Tim"

I been waiting to hear the response but not holding my breath. I hate to leave Neg. I put this guy on my BBL just in case.

Anyone ever deal with this kind of thing? What should I do about this? Just eat the 11 bucks?

TIA

Tim

Comments

• Looks like he is using a stock photo. Would wait to see if he responds, if not, file a SNAD.
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    I forgot to mention the seller sent the card in a screw down holder via priority mail w/o DC.

The priority box was not damaged and the screw down holder was not damaged either. The card was obviously crease prior to being placed in screw down and shipped...
  • olb31olb31 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This stuff happens to me all the time. You can either call EBAY or go to the ACCOUNT tab on the left middle of your EBAY screen. Under that tab is an item called Resolution Center. Just follow the instructions. If you receive no answer, you can send it to EBAY and let them decide the case. You would open a "item not as described" claim. Once you send this to EBAY, if the seller never responds, they will decide in your favor 100% of the time and refund you the price plus shipping. DO NOT LET THIS GUY GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!!!image
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

If the seller does not offer a refund, file a SNAD-claim.

Buyers always prevail in such claims.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    i would want my money back...

• << <i>If the seller does not offer a refund, file a SNAD-claim.

Buyers always prevail in such claims. >>

do as storm says and get your money back just remember to send it back with DC to show proof of delivery.
  • onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    File the claim, they amazingly respond to that.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    File the SNAD with Paypal. Don't even call or file with Ebay.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree
    don't even wait: file asap
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
    Just filed with PP. Thank you everyone for the advice.

"Hello - I am opening this case because The seller sent me a damaged card. The card pictured in the ebay listing is not damaged at all. Otherwise I wouldn't have bid on the auction had the seller pictured the damaged card he sent to me. The card sent to me is this creased one http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac274/twiley_beard/2001ShowdownJeterCrease.jpg The picture he used on the auction does not show the same creased damaged the one I received. I would like to add in the seller's auction description seller has that the card is in "MINT" condition. A crease on any sports card does not classify the card to be in mint condition. In fact a crease on any sports card would decrease the condition to poor condition. Please make this right as I wish to find a non damaged card. Thank you for your time."

I will post the outcome. Thank you again...
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just filed with PP. Thank you everyone for the advice.

"Hello - I am opening this case because The seller sent me a damaged card. The card pictured in the ebay listing is not damaged at all. Otherwise I wouldn't have bid on the auction had the seller pictured the damaged card he sent to me. The card sent to me is this creased one http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac274/twiley_beard/2001ShowdownJeterCrease.jpg The picture he used on the auction does not show the same creased damaged the one I received. I would like to add in the seller's auction description seller has that the card is in "MINT" condition. A crease on any sports card does not classify the card to be in mint condition. In fact a crease on any sports card would decrease the condition to poor condition. Please make this right as I wish to find a non damaged card. Thank you for your time."

I will post the outcome. Thank you again... >>

TMI, just say here is the DC number and the item was not as described. You're the buyer, PPs got your back image
    Last time I did a claim on someone was in 2003. I didn't put enough info and PP favored the seller and I lost 200 bucks. It wasn't for a sports card but still I was really POed. I am not taking any chances this time around.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    This is textbook SNAD, it should work out in your favor.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Last time I did a claim on someone was in 2003. I didn't put enough info and PP favored the seller and I lost 200 bucks. It wasn't for a sports card but still I was really POed. I am not taking any chances this time around. >>

ouch, I don't blame you!
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    make sure you put in the claim that the card smells like a rotten fart and you don't like the smell of farts. Rotten or not
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I would contact the seller and give him a chance to make it right. If he didn't do so quickly, I would file a SNAD and return the card w/ DC and get my $11 back.

------
    stupid print dots

• mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    And fart in the envelope before I sent it back.

------
    stupid print dots

"Status

Your claim has been resolved and you'll receive a $11.00 USD refund."

Paypal actually did the right thing. First time that ever has happened for me. I got my refund... Thanks everyone for advice. My search for a non creased version of this card continues...