Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Quick value help, Ty Cobb photo

I just got outbid in extended bidding at Legendary Auction's 3rd session tonight. I have about 20 minutes to decide if I want to bid again. This is an original photo of Ty Cobb that has a pose that I haven't seen before and supposedly, it comes from Cobb's own personal scrapbook (but yeah, I know of Mastro's old reputation so I know that might not be 100% accurate) . Anyone out there have knowledge of photos of these types and what might be a fair value to pay. I was in at $200.00 but now it's at $225.00. Would I be getting ripped if I bid up to $300.00 plus 18.5 percent buyers premium? I don't know the photo market very well.

Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    I love original photo's true 1 of 1's image
    Good luck on your decision.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I just bumped it up. I'm high bidder again. Now another 30 minute wait to see if it holds up ! I knew I shouldn't have checked Legendary tonight. I'm supposed to buy signed rookies, not Ty Cobb photos image
  • Options
    Aarrgghhh,

I'm losing again, now it's at $275 with about 20 minutes left. I really should listen to my gut I guess and not go any higher on something that is not even remotely related to a signed rookie.

I'll find out soon how much I listen to my gut though image

Mike
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Did you happen to get that authentic Mays RC? The price of this photo is creeping towards the price of that mays...just some thought for comparison.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    Nope, I didn't get the Mays. My early bid got outbid and the seller wouldn't send a better scan like I requested so I didn't bid again. I didn't want to reward bad customer service.

Mike
  • Options
    Jumped back in at $300.00 but other bidder must have a ceiling bid in, now it's at $325.00.

No Cobb for me, my Benadryl are beginning to kick in, about to be off to bed.

Mike