Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Only 102 More Coins Until My Set is Finished!

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just started my first set on here. Oh Boy, Watch Out! I am already 1.92% Complete. HA HA HA HA HA image HA HA HA HA HA

Keyman Mercs
"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice start.

Weighted GPA 63.091

You need photos, too.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Thanks Tony...the photos should get up there this weekend. I hope to get a few more toys soon as well. Maybe a couple in PCGS holders and then maybe I can send a couple of my others into PCGS to be crossed over or graded from raw. Who knows, maybe in a month or so I will be at 3.84% Complete!
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the JUNGLE!imageimage
  • Options
    It has only just begun.

Once your in, your in it for the long hall...imageimage

A nice beginning to a soon to be a great collection.

BILL
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's like the "Hotel California"..............you can check out......but you can never leave!
  • Options
    As a Morgan dollar collector, I feel your pain! 100+ sets can be a real challenge by sheer, daunting size. But, along the way, you will get to witness and have pass through your hands some really nice coins.

Mercury dimes are a great set, too. They're from the beautiful Theodore Roosevelt / Augustus Saint Gaudens era of the early 20th century, when coins were at their peak beauty and design. They're very under-priced right now, so they're a good investment--that always helps you feel better about spending a small fortune on your collection, since you'll ultimately still have that small fortune. Individual Mercury dimes are pretty affordable; you can get most dates MS65 or better for under $100, even with the Full Bands designation--the challenge won't be so much coming up with the money as is simply FINDING the coins themselves.

Welcome to the forums, and welcome to the club!
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I don't plan on leaving any time soon. I do tend to finish what I start. As far as non-variety, I do have every Merc Dime....they just aren't in pretty PCGS plastic. That is the most painful part of this journey. The coins aren't a problem....getting them in all the right holders is. So this will lead me to buy all of the coins that have already been slabbed by someone else...and only cross over a few and only submit a few raw coins for grading.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You picked a great series.Take your time and enjoy
    the hunt.

Al
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks everyone. I don't plan on leaving any time soon. I do tend to finish what I start. As far as non-variety, I do have every Merc Dime....they just aren't in pretty PCGS plastic. That is the most painful part of this journey. The coins aren't a problem....getting them in all the right holders is. So this will lead me to buy all of the coins that have already been slabbed by someone else...and only cross over a few and only submit a few raw coins for grading. >>

Take heart, you are already up to Number 11! Enjoy that cool series.
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    The Pop "1" is Kool! image