Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

(still) Looking for 1968-S PCGS PR70DCAM Kennedy

Its that time of year again.... and I am still unfortunately looking for a 1968-S 50C PR70 Deep Cameo PCGS Kennedy 50c

I am willing to make a serious offer based on current value, etc. Please don't PM me saying you will sell yours for 10k, because that's not the current value, nor was it ever.

Thanks.
Michelle

Comments

• Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Michelle,
    There are 16 such coins that exist. PCGS says the current RETAIL value of the coin is $4,250. Now the value that PCGS places on the coin is not as important as the fact that only 16 exist. It is very possible that all are currently in the hands of collectors who want and need them for their collection. In order to prey one away you will need to offer a premium. It is all about demand and supply. Obviously, you WANT a PCGS PR70DCAM and NOT a PCGS PR69DCAM. So it is NOT about how the coin looks. You get what the market has to offer at the price the market is willing to sell a coin to you. Good luck.
    Steveimage
  • Options
    psxchellypsxchelly Posts: 568 ✭✭
    Thanks for the info. Yepp, I know there are only 16. Been looking for one of the 16 for a couple years now. The last one sold on Heritage for $4,025 dollars after buyers premium. The only reason I didn't get it is because I was on vacation and forgot to bid... of course, my bad.... I don't look as hard as I could for the coin. I am willing to offer what i think its worth, so if someone takes the offer great, if not oh well... if there are still people on here from years ago when i was more active on this forum, they know I am serious about paying for it.

-Michelle
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I bought that Heritage coin for a customer and was prepared to bid quite a bit higher as I recall as he wanted that date back then about as much as you do now.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    I got a 68 Proof JFK in for grading, but I don't think it'll grade above 68 or 69 but should be DCAM, but if a miracle happens I'll sell it for lower than market to you.

Since the dang Mint cut me off I've had to branch out.