Home Sports Talk
Options

Billy Butler tied with Ichiro for lead in hits?

DarinDarin Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
Billy's really legging out a lot of hits.image
The guy is really pounding the ball lately.

Comments

• Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Hopefully his power begins to develop soon - funny how everyone thought Alex Gordon was the next big thing, and nobody cared about this guy.
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Billy was a big name a year or two before Gordon. Funny how hyping prospects works.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cared about him.image I bought several of his rookie cards a couple years ago.
    Gordon is now at AAA Omaha and being converted into a left fielder. He may become a minor league hall of famer.
    Mike Moustakas the next big thing for the Royals. Believe it or not, the Royals should finish above .500 this year and be a contender starting next year.
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    People love to dump on KC, but they got a powerful lineup. if Grienke gets his head out of his behind, the other starters eat up innings and the bullpen gets hot, KC can and will be a force. Their problem is that not everyone gets hot together. The starters mow everyone down, but the lineup gets cold... the lineup gets hot, pitching can't hold the lead..... Butler goes 4for4, the rest of the team goes 2 for 29.... they get 15 hits, but leave 15 onbase...... the team is batting .282 as a whole (after the Sox beatdown!!). And everyone knows KC owns us anyway, so... Really just a question of what KC team decides to show up..... And Billy has always swung a hot bat. That 10 pound wad of gum he chews, half hanging out of his mouth like a cow, must account for something!!!
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<if Grienke gets his head out of his behind>>>

I've heard this sentiment in a few different places, and I'm not sure where it comes from. He has a 3.39 ERA and 1.17 WHIP so far this year. That's pretty good.

They've scored a whopping 33 runs in his 11 starts, so it's not entirely his fault. Look, he's had one outstanding season, so I'm not ready to use last year's stats as the benchmark against which he is measured. For all we know that was a fluke season, and he really is closer to 3.00 ERA and 1.15 WHIP guy....which is still fantastic, and good enough to win 17-18 games every year.
  • Options
    Greinke gets no run support he should beg to be traded to a team willing to spend some money to improve the club. Their offense has no true power hitters and butler may at most top out at 25 Homers, which is fine if he hits .365 image i'd take a guy with 200 hits and 20+ homers every year.
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034

<< <i><<<if Grienke gets his head out of his behind>>>

I've heard this sentiment in a few different places, and I'm not sure where it comes from. He has a 3.39 ERA and 1.17 WHIP so far this year. That's pretty good.
    >>

I think the statement is more along the lines of Grienke's mental well being and not entirely on his on field performance. He has had emotional problems in the recent past.
    imageRIP