Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle PSA/DNA RC (Rookie Era Signature) on Ebay for $0.99, NO RESERVE!

UPDATE: Hope I don't regret this but I put it on Ebay with NO RESERVE, starting at $0.99. Hopefully, some of you guys like it enough to bid and I don't take a bath on it image

Signed 1951 Bowman Mantle RC PSA/DNA

1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle PSA/DNA RC (with Rookie Era Signature). The autograph matches well with other '51 Mantles signatures that have popped up over the last few years (teamball, pay checks, etc). It is a light signature and has a inscription (also in Mantles hand) which I realize may not be for everyone but I think it adds to the vintage feel and rookie signatures are almost impossible to find. This is the only RC with RC signature I've seen and the more convention style autographs cost a ton more anyways. ...There's one on Ebay being offered for $17K.

Comments

• Options
    Sweet card.. good luck with sale!
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    very , very cool.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Awesome card! I just wish the auto was a little darker.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Nice card, I'm sure it will sell.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Awesome card! I just wish the auto was a little darker. >>

It is a little darker in hand, i have more scans for anyone interested.
  • Options
    Very cool item Sean.
  • Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 903 ✭✭✭
    Wished my name was Eddie. LOL
  • Options
    For those asking, here's the toy I'm looking at buying...

EDIT: passed on that truck, would have need a new engine soon.
  • Options
    I might be wrong but that truck looks trimmed!! Best of luck to you in your summer adventures.

Matt
  • Options

<< <i>I might be wrong but that truck looks trimmed!! Best of luck to you in your summer adventures.

Matt >>

good eye, 4 inches short image
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    Camera pics added...
  • Options
    Bump for Ebay
  • Options
    JustfishinjjJustfishinjj Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bump for Ebay >>

I bid on it...Be cool if someone by the name of eddie bought it. Good luck with sale!
    Error and RC collector.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Very nice item, best of luck in the sale/auction.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    both my dad and I are Eddie (Edward I go by Ted) good luck with the sale.... AWESOME!
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Awesome card.

Strange JSA didn't put a sticker on the PSA case. I know it wouldn't really serve a purpose. Still, I think this is the only example I have seen on a JSA certified auto with a letter and a sticker.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    wow!
  • Options

<< <i>both my dad and I are Eddie (Edward I go by Ted) good luck with the sale.... AWESOME! >>

sounds like a great fit for your collection image

In response to the JSA letter, they have a policy that they don't do that (picture authenticated items from other companies), I told the guy just to crop the pic to avoid the PSA case because I wasn't taking it out, he asked his supervisor and he said "that card will not be a problem" ... was surprised they actually included the whole slab but happy about it.
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    last bump for the weekend, 24 hours left...
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Good luck on your auction tonight. I hope it does WELL.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    considering 100 watchers not good, and I took about a $500 loss, but I wouldn't consider it "bad"... could have been better though. The winner seems to have thrown a security second bid even though he was winning so I'm guessing he would have went higher, how high?, doesn't matter now.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I lost money on a 1937 World Series Program I was selling on Ebay last night Vlad. Sold for $50. You can't even get REPRINTS for $50, and mine was ORIGINAL!! Ebay is such a dud lately - did you think about consigning it to REA or anyone like that??
  • Options

<< <i>I lost money on a 1937 World Series Program I was selling on Ebay last night Vlad. Sold for $50. You can't even get REPRINTS for $50, and mine was ORIGINAL!! Ebay is such a dud lately - did you think about consigning it to REA or anyone like that?? >>

Yeah, one of the majors pretty much guaranteed me over $2k, but tack 20% on that, my other auctions were hit and miss, overall I had other stuff make up for the mantle.
  • Options
    What auction house charges 20%? REA & ML charged me only 10% and rumor has it, that some people get charged ZERO percent.......the way Ebay has been stinking lately, I don't really know where to turn to unload quality stuff....
  • Options
    Heritage, they also collect a 19.5% from the buyer, I've heard of people paying up to 29% with them...
  • Options
    I would never consign with them, unless I had some ultra rare, 6 figure comic book.......