Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

WTB 1970 OPC Gilbert Perreault PSA 8 or 9 (NQ)

Prefer a 9 but will consider a rock solid 8. Heck, I'd even look at a Topps PSA 9.

PM me if you have one for sale -- I always pay top dollar for quality cards.

Vince
Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.

Comments

• jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    PUT ALL YOUR WANTS IN ONE POST.. DO NOT BE A PIG !!!!
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • A bit harsh jivan but your point is taken on board. Wonder what the penalty would be for something serious. Impalement?
    Collecting HOF RC's in hockey, baseball, football and basketball. A fool's errand some have said.
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    Currently there are only 2 PSA 9 OPC Perreault RCs (there are 10 Topps PSA 9s). I have been looking for one for a while but I don't think a PSA 9 OPC has been listed in the last couple of years on eBay. The last PSA 8 sold for a little over $900 and the only PSA 10 sold for $5k back in December. If one does come up on eBay bidding will be pretty strong (probably end up $2-4k) as there seem to be several folks putting together a PSA 9 Hockey HOF RC collection (myself included).
    You can get a Topps PSA 9 for ~$250 when they come up on eBay.

Robb
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭
    Vince, sorry you have to deal with trolls like this jivan character. Hopefully he'll crawl back under the rock he emerged from. Good luck in your search. I think the $2-$4 K that Robb mentioned is accurate.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    vince
    how dare you polute these boards.
    May an Inland Taipan strike your swine-quarters.
    Now that a few people know u r looking (and also out of my league) for this card maybe we can alert you.
    Andy seems to be able to find cards.
    Its a toughie....and a topps is worth as much as OPC on the registry. I never really could understand that either.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Some people have nothing better to do than rip others -- nice demonstartion of pettiness. Being a rookie at posting a BST thread I thought I should keep the posts seperate. May the fleas from 1000 camels infest his Calvins.

Thanks for the info Robb, it's pretty much what I thought. I saw that 10 come up and just couldn't bring myself to keep bidding. I dropped out long before $5,000. Still had the blisters from the Larry Robinson PSA 10 auction.

I collect both the OPC and the Topps versions of the Hockey HOF RC's, but the registry set is not really well structured in my opinion. I still need to get of my snake-bitten butt (thanks Jay) and get a proper set collated and posted on the Hockey HOF RC thread for others to review and give input on. The postcards need to go and some of those '51 Parkie "RC's" also need to walk the plank.

Thanks fellas.
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the sets require only the OPC. If both....then have diff weigting.
    A psa 10 topps stastny is $30 Ehat would a OPC 10 be? a 9 is already many times multiplied by that.
    So yes the HK sets need some work.
    And vince...get rid of the dad's cookies also. Are they RC'S? They look like supermarket tickets to buy more dad's cookies.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • We should be having this chat on the Hockey HOF RC board but yes the Dad's Cookies cards will also walk the plank. Because of the number of cards in the set it'll take me the better part of a week to put it together. Now if I could only freeze time and find a week I'd be sweet.

I've never been in favour of picking one RC over another when there is more than one for a player -- OPC vs Topps or Parkhurst vs Topps in hockey, Leaf vs Bowman '48 in football. A RC is a RC. I'd just have different weightings. Not sure if PSA's registry is set up properly to make that possible.

In the end, the registry is a great way to meet people and also to inventory. I collect all RC's from a given year -- regardless of whether they are recognized by the registry. I also collect SGC, which doesn't show on the registry so...
  • bump
  • FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PSA B/S/T is not very useful if your focus is buying high end vintage hockey cards. Good luck, but it isn't likely that you will find a Perreault of that caliber here.

-Nathanael
  • <<The PSA B/S/T is not very useful if your focus is buying high end vintage hockey cards. Good luck, but it isn't likely that you will find a Perreault of that caliber here.>>

I hear you Nathanael, but you never know. What forum would you suggest?

I've never considered anything after Orr's rookie year as vintage though. I continue to think that there are dozens more copies of Perreault's RC out there ungraded. Same goes for Serge Savard.