Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Israeli Contemporary Coinage

ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
While I find the earlier designs of statehood 1948-1957 much more appealing, I did pickup a few more contemporary higher grade designs in the past couple of years.

Comments

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pieces image

The 1967 Victory piece (the 6 day war) is one of my favorites - that one has the western/wailing wall on the reverse.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldnt agree more. That design is one of the better ones. I do like the Seafaring as well given its simplicity.
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    It's interesting. I just sold this past weekend a number of these to a dealer for their silver content.

I tried to sell them here several times over the last few years (but not recently) with no takers. The market for Israeli Commemorative coins is very thin. The dealer who bought them will re-sell them in his store (small town MN) as he has several collectors who frequent his store who love buying anything large and silver. I sold him about 85 oz. of large silver coins, mostly the junk Mexican 5 pesos that were left from the hoard I am selling for a friend. image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pieces, awesome lustre on them too.

I only have two Israeli coins in all of my enormous collection. As insignificant as that would appear, they are by themselves uniquely significant for my collection. One is an ancient Prutah from Alexander Jannaeus that I bought out of a dealers junkbox years ago for 25 cents, the other is the no pearl variety 25 prutah coin from 1948 - one of the first coins struck by the new country of Israel. So one from the old, one from the new. Tried and true they are and I value them pricelessly. But that said I am always on the prowl for the Jakob and Rachel tiny gold coins sometime.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.