Home Precious Metals

Stopped by the B&M at lunch

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
Because I just dumped money into the equities market. So I kinda had to, right image

That's my first "transitional" eng bar. At least I'm assuming it's one that came between the horizontal loaf styles and the vertical bars. Feel kind of lucky I got it in plastic, too.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverses:

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    1913 on the indian gold?

I do not recall the 10oz Engelhard bars I had like that having logo on reverse.

Milkman123 always called this style chubby'simage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Nice! I need to pick up a few ounces of silver myself...

<< <i>1913 on the indian gold?
    >>

Good guess! Not the 1913, but essentially the same mintage:
    --Severian the Lame
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

It would have been a good pickup if that $5 Indian was real.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

<< <i>It would have been a good pickup if that $5 Indian was real. >>

A wiseguy, huh?

My reverse:

See how the shorter patch of tail feathers between the two longer patches has 3 distinct feathers in the grouping?

Here's a fake one per NGC. Note two poorly defined feathers:

And a real one per NGC:
    --Severian the Lame
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That coin is quite real.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "That coin is quite real."

And in very good condition too. Nice pick up.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    glad you know your diagnostics for the Indian

nice one!
    Thanks, guys. Paid a little of a premium on this one--about 20% above melt. But availability has disappeared, and I thought it was a beautiful piece.

A better shot of the ten oz:

--Severian the Lame
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

just trying to get you riled up Weiss. image Nice pickups, esp. the 10 oz'er.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

<< <i>image

just trying to get you riled up Weiss. image Nice pickups, esp. the 10 oz'er. >>

It's all good, man image
    --Severian the Lame
  • gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Personally, I appreciate the lesson in counterfeit detection!imageimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weiss, when you roll up to your B & M is a red carpet rolled out and rose pedals thrown at your feet? I can see them asking all other customers to kindly step away from the display cases to give you a clear berthimage

Nice pick ups! MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

<< <i>Weiss, when you roll up to your B & M is a red carpet rolled out and rose pedals thrown at your feet? I can see them asking all other customers to kindly step away from the display cases to give you a clear berthimage

Nice pick ups! MJ >>

Funny thing is that I've known my dealer since I was about 8. I was already a seasoned coin veteran of two or three years by the time he began to split shop space with my mom and another woman (Alison Krauss's mom Louise, but that's another story).

So I've been going to him for 30 years or more. He's a good guy. Knows what I'm after, knows that I pay cash. But in all honesty, I probably haven't spent more than $1k a month with him on average over the last 5 years. And if you want to average it over the 30 year relationship? I'm small potatoes image
    --Severian the Lame
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice silver bar. ya cant go wrong with haveing a few of them image