Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Interesting Mary II farthing "medalet" the seller doesn't have!

This seller has listed a coin he, I'm pretty sure, doesn't have. It was sold yesterday in This auction, and is now for sale in this one.

I wish I had bid on the first one, as I saw it, but didn't take the time to do anything about it, and then forgot. I guess he's going for the ultra-quick flip, but I think he should at least wait until he has it in hand. I wonder if the first seller gave him permission to use the pics.

Either way, he's already made a nice profit.

Comments

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    It is amazing the way the stories grow, the new auction now adds that it is from a metal detector find in Lincolnshire, and:

"GREAT CONDITION AND WELL CARED FOR OVER THE YEARS WHILST IN MY COLLECTION."

Perhaps he meant to say "over the hours whilst in my collection".
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most poor sops will never know the difference, or care for that matter.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    What I wonder is why the bidders in the second auction didn't bid on the first. What has it got that causes the price to go so much higher? The first seller even has better feedback.

Does a nifty sales pitch really add that much value to a coin?

Still thinking of what to put in my signature...
  • Options

<< <i>What I wonder is why the bidders in the second auction didn't bid on the first. What has it got that causes the price to go so much higher? The first seller even has better feedback.

Does a nifty sales pitch really add that much value to a coin? >>

A second category possibly???
    Coins > Historical Medals/ Medallions > British > 18th Century