Home Sports Talk
Options

Jonathan Sanchez

ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
Is there a harder-luck pitcher in MLB this year? In nine starts, his Giants scored *zero* runs for him on four occasions, including a complete game one-hitter against SD which was a 1-0 loss.

He has had five starts where he gave up two runs or less (one or less in four of the five) AND gave up no more than three hits. He is 2-3 in those five games.

Roy Oswalt comes to mind as someone with similarly bad run support, but I'm not sure he's had it worse than Sanchez.

Comments

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    How about Matt Cain's 8 inning loss on Saturday where the only run he allowed was unearned?

SF's wasting their pitching.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How about Matt Cain's 8 inning loss on Saturday where the only run he allowed was unearned?

SF's wasting their pitching. >>

I knew they'd lose a lot of 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 games, but it's been pretty ridiculous.
  • Options
    I don't even know what the answer is.

I don't think that Posey's the answer though. Expecting a rookie to carry a team on his back is a tall order, and more likely than not, it'll screw up his development.

• Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    The answer starts with replacing Sabean, whose infatuation with past-their-prime FA's with no bat has killed this team for years. Honestly how has he not been fired...am I missing something as a non-Giants fan (and a fan of an AL team)?
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options

<< <i>The answer starts with replacing Sabean, whose infatuation with past-their-prime FA's with no bat has killed this team for years. Honestly how has he not been fired...am I missing something as a non-Giants fan (and a fan of an AL team)? >>

My guess is that the owners are waiting to see how the rookie crop does over the next few years. SF has some young position players in on the farm who look promising so far, but none are really ready to be called up yet.

Still, that doesn't excuse Sabean's inability to sign or trade for quality position players.