Home Precious Metals

Interesting Safe Deposit Box Auction

Found these over on Ebay...............looks like the State Treasurer of Mass uses ebay to auction safe deposit box items:

http://shop.ebay.com/state.treasurer.cahill/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340
"When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions

Comments

• Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭
    What a joke. Can't get a decent photos or the dates/mintmarks. Run away, far away.
  • AboutAgAboutAg Posts: 201 ✭✭

<< <i>looks like the State Treasurer of Mass uses ebay to auction safe deposit box items: >>

Several states do that. My reason for staying away from those is that the auction prices tend to get very high very fast. Most of the times I've seen state auctions on eBay, the prices have been higher than normal auctions. My guess is that they advertise their auctions very widely.
  • ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>looks like the State Treasurer of Mass uses ebay to auction safe deposit box items: >>

Several states do that. My reason for staying away from those is that the auction prices tend to get very high very fast. Most of the times I've seen state auctions on eBay, the prices have been higher than normal auctions. My guess is that they advertise their auctions very widely. >>

From my experience with the State of FL auctions, I can say that everything is appraised and they have solid purchase offers, and therefore a reserve, before the auctions start. My WAG is that many of these auctions are bid on up to a hidden reserve by agents of the seller (state).