Options

We came.........we saw..........

We kicked you in the cheesesteak.

Sincerely,
RSN

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it's clever to talk smack when your team is 8.5 games out in May.

So your team took 2 outa 3...so what...I'll take first place in the NL East, and the Phillies are a lock to make it into the 2010 NL playoffs.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Wow, does it make you feel that much better to be 8.5 games out of first?

That's a pissah!!!

Meanwhile the Blowsox Extortionists from Boston continue to hold the people of Lee County, FL hostage for 100 million dollars while the employees of that County have not received raises for several years, are having to take forced furloughs, the local unemployment rate is over 12%, and assessed values for houses has decreased over 60% lowering revenue and forcing the County to cut their budget by 10% this year.

Still the Blowsox continue to insist that they need a new spring training facility.

Someone needs to break off a fungo bat in Theo Epstein's vagina.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course the poor sports that Philly lovers are have to talk their trash because of the beatdown today. Cry, cry, cry...suck it up, you got handed your asses in the last 2 games. Too bad you can't take it like classy sportsmen, but rather like little wimpy girlymen.

That you have to inject some local garbage about Lee County is not only meaningless, but pretty stupid. What does the Lee County situation have to do with the big beatdown you guys took today? Nada...you lost, BIG TIME...got it?
  • Options

<< <i>Of course the poor sports that Philly lovers are have to talk their trash because of the beatdown today. Cry, cry, cry...suck it up, you got handed your asses in the last 2 games. Too bad you can't take it like classy sportsmen, but rather like little wimpy girlymen.

That you have to inject some local garbage about Lee County is not only meaningless, but pretty stupid. What does the Lee County situation have to do with the big beatdown you guys took today? Nada...you lost, BIG TIME...got it? >>

8.5 games out in May and talking smack - Pathetic. Come back and talk some smack when your team is in the pennant race, instead of almost already being eliminated only a quarter of the way into the season.

And where was the smack before the series began or after the first game?...it's easy to talk smack after the series is over. Next time have some stones to make a prediction before the series begins, instead of bragging after the results are in - that is being a wimpy girlyman.
  • Options
    Let's see if we can all understand just a little simple math here.

The Red Sox have won 8 games against the Phillies in the Phillies home ballpark.
    The Phillies have won 4 games against the Red Sox at home.

That would add up to an average of a 4-2 world series win ( twice) for the Sox over a 12 game span in Philadelphia.

Sincerely,
    We own you image
  • Options

<< <i>

8.5 games out in May and talking smack - Pathetic. Come back and talk some smack when your team is in the pennant race.

. >>

You're right, when do we play the Pirates and the Rockies, and Houston and the Mets image
  • Options

<< <i>Let's see if we can all understand just a little simple math here.

The Red Sox have won 8 games against the Phillies in the Phillies home ballpark.
    The Phillies have won 4 games against the Red Sox at home.

That would add up to an average of a 4-2 world series win ( twice) for the Sox over a 12 game span in Philadelphia.

Sincerely,
    We own you image >>

Haven't seen the Red Sox lately in the past couple WS to find out which team is truly better when the championship is on the line. What is the Red Sox plan for 2010? Fall 8.5 games behind in May and then come on strong? If that is their plan, then it's working well so far. LOL
  • Options
    Yo Stevek...your pitcher got smacked down by the Red Sox today...you OTOH try to deflect facts jabbering about 8.5 games.

Your pitcher sucked huge today, deal with it and be a man, not a little girlyboy like you normally post. Yup, time for SMACK TALK...I love it because you can't take it...as usual.

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, back in NYC, Teixeira is thinking it's April again and the Yankees are running out of Ace bandages and IcyHot... Losing two out of three to the Mets? UGH!!! Maybe they did it to help Manuel keep his job.

At least we've learned two things from this. Vazquez can pitch against the NL and Bay can hit HR's against the AL.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    It's always charming to hear from people who care more about these games then the men who play them.
  • Options

<< <i>Yo Stevek...your pitcher got smacked down by the Red Sox today...you OTOH try to deflect facts jabbering about 8.5 games.

Your pitcher sucked huge today, deal with it and be a man, not a little girlyboy like you normally post. Yup, time for SMACK TALK...I love it because you can't take it...as usual. >>

Yea typical MCMLVTopps - the usual name calling and silly smack posts that usually make no sense, but you topped even your pathetic little self on this one...bodaciously bragging about a 2 outa 3 win when your team is almost already out of the pennant race, while the Phillies are heading towards the playoffs and another possible WS appearance.

You can have your lollipop, the 2 outa 3 win if that turns you on so much...I'll take the steak dinner and wine playoffs coming up in the Fall. Ha Ha Ha!
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to take your brags when and where you can!

Last season (football) I had to settle for taking 3 out of 3 from the eagletts AND handing New Orleans their first and worst lose of the year! image
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Of course the poor sports that Philly lovers are have to talk their trash because of the beatdown today. Cry, cry, cry...suck it up, you got handed your asses in the last 2 games. Too bad you can't take it like classy sportsmen, but rather like little wimpy girlymen.

That you have to inject some local garbage about Lee County is not only meaningless, but pretty stupid. What does the Lee County situation have to do with the big beatdown you guys took today? Nada...you lost, BIG TIME...got it? >>

I live in Lee County and will mention the Blowsox Extortionists fiscal raping of their spring training host county during a recession whenever I have the chance.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    The NL is a joke, especially compared to the AL East. Philly is a good team, but they would not fare much better than the Sox if they played in the AL East.
  • Options
    I live in Lee County and will mention the Blowsox Extortionists fiscal raping of their spring training host county during a recession whenever I have the chance.

You apparently have missed numerous opportunities to dis the Red Sox organization, as you have only posted your angst about them in this thread. However, I'm curious about what these evil doers have done to the Ft. Myers area. So, post the facts about this horrible situation they've caused, I'm really interested in reading how they've committed the "fiscal raping" part.

If you are able, you can omit the anatomy of Theo.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Meanwhile the Blowsox Extortionists from Boston continue to hold the people of Lee County, FL hostage for 100 million dollars while the employees of that County have not received raises for several years, are having to take forced furloughs, the local unemployment rate is over 12%, and assessed values for houses has decreased over 60% lowering revenue and forcing the County to cut their budget by 10% this year.

Still the Blowsox continue to insist that they need a new spring training facility.
    . >>

Tell them to hit the road then, and tell other Florida counties not to give in to demands for corporate welfare.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The NL is a joke, especially compared to the AL East. Philly is a good team, but they would not fare much better than the Sox if they played in the AL East. >>

Really? I guess that comment has held water in the past, but not so sure its true this year. I realize this thread is about the Phils losing 2 of 3 to BoSox, but the Yanks just lost 2 of 3 to the Mets. And the Mets are the worst team in the NL East.. Also, take a look at interleague play so far this year. The NL is holding thier own.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.