Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

A couple Registry enhancements. What do you think?

dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been working on my sets, trying to do a write up for the sets so they do not seem to be nothing more than just a list of coins. In doing so, I found a couple of things I cannot do, but would really like to see.

The first thing that comes to mind consists of the notes for each coin. At this time, you can do a write up for each coin in your set. This is really a nice feature. However, many times there are notes you would like to have that you do not want displayed for others to see. Thus my first request would be a private notes field to go along with the public field.

Just today, I found that if you click on the list of all your registered sets, you can then click on the "Set Rating" link and it brings up a page showing the dates of all revisions. The last column is "notes". I would like to be able to edit this field as changes are made. This way you can note what the change is (ie: added coin x and y). If this is already available, can someone show me where to do this.

Anyone else like either of these ideas?
Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe those notes are for use by PCGS. The only notes I have ever seen in is "Tie breaker revision."

I think the only two options you have for private us are the data base fields "Purchased Date," and "Source."

I type this into the Source field to see what would happen.

"just wan to see what happens with the field. How many note etc. It appears to be a pretty open field for notes."

I looks like it is wide open for note of the type you are trying to accomplish.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is already a place for the date purchased that I use. And several other fields that I do not use. It would be very easy for them to and a general field that you could put anything in that would not show to the public. I would suggest sending an email to BJ.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe those notes are for use by PCGS. The only notes I have ever seen in is "Tie breaker revision."

I think the only two options you have for private us are the data base fields "Purchased Date," and "Source."

I type this into the Source field to see what would happen.

"just wan to see what happens with the field. How many note etc. It appears to be a pretty open field for notes."

I looks like it is wide open for note of the type you are trying to accomplish. >>

The source field seems to be just what I needed. Thank you for pointing this out.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053