Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Finally 100% Completion of my Ron Santo Master Set 157 of 157

With the addition of the 61 Bazooka panel, I have all 157 issues required for my Master Set. If anyone knows of any upgrades please let me know.
I have scans of all my cards listed on the registry.

[My Santo registry

Thanks for looking

Comments

• TheDudeAbidesTheDudeAbides Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
    Awesome, just awesome. That 61 Bazooka panel is beyond sweet!
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Congrats! It must be a huge weight off you shoulders to get that final item! Great set!

What are you going to work on next?
    WANTLIST
    1992 Topps FB Golds (72% complete)
    1997 Topps FB Minted in Canton (10% complete)
    1999 Topps FB Record Numbers Gold (80% complete)
    2001 Topps FB MVP Promotion (35% complete)
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on your completion of the Ron Santo Master Set...imageimage

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Just went through your entire set, and I'm am blown away. VERY, VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! image
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    That is quite the set!

Congratulations on a long journey!
  • tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭
    Thanks alot guys for all the nice comments. It is taken me a few years to complete it so I am going to take a break for awhile and just pickup a couple upgrades here and there. I am also in the process of picking up a 67 punchouts with him as the team captain to add to the set.
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Super, super nice. I also looked through the scans and it is very cool set. Congrats and enjoy.

Jeff
  • HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Remarkable collection! Congrats on completing it!

I was floored by the variety of the items you've found. I was especially impressed with your inclusion of the '62T Green-Tint and No-Tint variations. After perusing the photos I had to go back to see if PSA had included a variation in the Set Registry (they didn't) because that's something I'd like to see happen for the Master '62T Set. I thought it unusual they included a listing for "1963 TOPPS DON LANDRUM PHOTO ACTUALLY RON SANTO". Did that take some lobbying to get approval for??

Thanks for sharing your accomplishment. I'm going to be so relieved (and lost?!) when I complete my '62 Topps sets...
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Very Impressive. I know how much trouble I am having finding Musial items for the Master Set, and the Santo is almost three times the size as the Musial Master set. Thanks for including pics, I really enjoyed looking at each of your cards.
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a sweet set. Congrats!!
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON

<< <i>Remarkable collection! Congrats on completing it!

I was floored by the variety of the items you've found. I was especially impressed with your inclusion of the '62T Green-Tint and No-Tint variations. After perusing the photos I had to go back to see if PSA had included a variation in the Set Registry (they didn't) because that's something I'd like to see happen for the Master '62T Set. I thought it unusual they included a listing for "1963 TOPPS DON LANDRUM PHOTO ACTUALLY RON SANTO". Did that take some lobbying to get approval for??

Thanks for sharing your accomplishment. I'm going to be so relieved (and lost?!) when I complete my '62 Topps sets... >>

The 63 Landrum was already labeled that way when I began collecting as it was an uncorrected error by Topps. As far as the 62's go, PSA is still unwilling to designate green tint on the slip at this point. Good luck with your 62 set. I hope to find a 62 Santo in a 9 that is affordable in the future.
  • IndianaJonesIndianaJones Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    Dear Nathan,

A hearty congratulations upon completing your Ron Santo Master Set. When I saw the listing in the 2010 REA for that 1961 Bazooka Mahaffey-Mantle-Santo panel PSA 9, I thought that must be the one you were going to fight for. Man, I was thinking about you often, and sent a few prayers up to God in your behalf--I so wanted you to win that piece. IT BELONGED IN YOUR COLLECTION, if you know what I mean. Your final bill was very fair and reasonable, for such a prized piece as that proof panel.

And so, collector warrior, I stand up and cheer loudly for you. You have done exceedingly well. For whatever it is worth, I am very proud of you. Now that you are the pleased owner of that Bazooka proof panel, is it not everything I said it was?

Take care Nathan, and savor your collection. An idea: collect a few outstanding Ron Santo stories to print, clip, and perhaps lay beside some of your collection. Do whatever strikes your fancy, but keep the passion. He was a superb player.

---IndianaJones (Brian Powell)

<< <i>Dear Nathan,

A hearty congratulations upon completing your Ron Santo Master Set. When I saw the listing in the 2010 REA for that 1961 Bazooka Mahaffey-Mantle-Santo panel PSA 9, I thought that must be the one you were going to fight for. Man, I was thinking about you often, and sent a few prayers up to God in your behalf--I so wanted you to win that piece. IT BELONGED IN YOUR COLLECTION, if you know what I mean. Your final bill was very fair and reasonable, for such a prized piece as that proof panel.

And so, collector warrior, I stand up and cheer loudly for you. You have done exceedingly well. For whatever it is worth, I am very proud of you. Now that you are the pleased owner of that Bazooka proof panel, is it not everything I said it was?

Take care Nathan, and savor your collection. An idea: collect a few outstanding Ron Santo stories to print, clip, and perhaps lay beside some of your collection. Do whatever strikes your fancy, but keep the passion. He was a superb player.

---IndianaJones (Brian Powell) >>

Brian,

Thanks. The color on the panel is excellent. It was expensive but no the collection is complete.
  • Awesome Master set, Congrats!!!!