Home Sports Talk

"O Canada"

BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
Montreal Canadiens fans, great job. Sounded like every single person in the Bell Centre was singing along with the national anthem. I wish American fans would do the same in US stadia and parks.

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>One of my favorites >>

awesome. Never happen in the US with the "Star Spangled Banner" image
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    It's pretty interesting the Montreal guys sing the national anthem even many consider themselves from Quebec and not Canada. I think since there are so few NHL teams from Canada they have more of a national pride about it.

USA

Also speaking of great national anthems, O Flower of Scotland is one of the greatest. I've been able to experience THIS firsthand and it is an amazing site. Scots have some amazing national spirit.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this before or after the smashing of storefronts and torching of cars and the usual general destruction that follows a Montreal series?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

• << <i>Is this before or after the smashing of storefronts and torching of cars and the usual general destruction that follows a Montreal series? >>

Or the general destruction of storefronts and torching of cars that follows a Vancouver loss to the NY Rangers in the 1994 Stanley Cup finals ?

BTW, I remember the old forum singing that beautiful song and then this broke out.....................
    The Richard Riot was a riot that occurred on St. Patricks Day (March 17), 1955 in Montreal, Quebec. Maurice Richard, the star ice hockey player for the Montreal Canadiens, was suspended for a violent attack on a linesman and it provoked a riot at the Montreal Forum that spilled out into the streets.

You see, you can sing you throat out in the name of nationalism, then watch your beloved player violently attack an official,
    and then riot because the guy was punished. Makes absolute sense to me. image