Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

So....who hit the 1973 MS67 Ike....again.....

We've seen this happen before where PCGS made a recording error on this very same coin and grade. This would be a heck of a coin if 1) it really does exist, and 2) it's really worthy of the MS67 grade.

I've owned several 1973 PCGS MS66 coins, each time trying to get one I felt was better than the last. Up to the one I own now, I still don't feel 100% secure that the coin actually matches the label. A bonafied MS67 for this issue would be a long standing condition rarity.

Comments

• bronze6827bronze6827 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭
    Ah yes, the plus grade.

I've lost interest already.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So....who hit the 1973 MS67 Ike....again.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I know who DIDN'T hit it image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    Well it certainly wasn't me.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Again? What's this again stuff?

There never was an MS67 made; it was MS66+ (not by me, either.)

BTW what's this 66+ worth today???
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A year or so ago it showed a 1973-P MS67 in the POP reports. It later disappeared image
    GrandAm :)
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Time flies Grandam. It was 4 years ago! >>

Remember when the 3 MS69 1972 Type 2's showed up in the pops?

As for this 1973, it is an MS66+ which kinda honkers up the population counts in the Registry.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!