Home Sports Talk
Options

Is this the golden era for Philadelphia sports?

stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not even sure what that means, but I agree with it. image

Go Flyers!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    I don't think one WS title and bunch of "almost but not quite" seasons qualifies for a golden era....you guys had your golden era in the early 80s when the Phillies and Sixers won titles and the Flyers were regular contenders, and the Eagles lost a Super Bowl.

Despite the Bruins collapse, their future looks great. They'll be ready to carry the torch for the next few years of Boston's golden era of sports, that is going on 9+ years now.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    If you want to see what a "Golden Era" is just look at the Boston sports accomplishments in the 2000's.
  • Options
    Are the bullies back?image
  • Options
    If almost winning can be considered a golden era, then yes.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If almost winning can be considered a golden era, then yes. >>

"almost"...Okay - as a long suffering Philadelphia fan, I'll take that. LOL

but...Phillies, back to back WS appearances with a win, Eagles with a new QB and a bright future, Flyers playing well...yes, it perhaps could be referred to as "almost", but a Goldern Era has to begin sometime and hopefully this is it for Philadelphia. image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you want to see what a "Golden Era" is just look at the Boston sports accomplishments in the 2000's. >>

Yup.

Multiple championships for multiple fanchises within a decade is considered a golden era, for sure.

Basturds.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts