Home Sports Talk
Options

Dallas Braden: perfect game

digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
Not just a "perfect game", but a "perfect game" against the Rays!

He's the guy who was running his mouth about A-Rod this week. Guess his anger makes him powerful. image
My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I'm very happy for the kid. Good for him on standing up for what he felt was right regarding ARod, and good for him for staying focused during this game.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Well, if nothing else if people thought he was a nobody that hadn't earned the right to pop off like that... dude answered in a big way!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yesterday was the 42nd anniversary of the A's only other perfect game.....by Catfish Hunter.

Steve
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Wow.... Rays get PGs pitched against them in successive seasons!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I drafted this guy for my fantasy baseball team and I'm very happy I did!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Very impressive, especially considering who it was against.
    Capecards
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I was very happy for him since he did it on Mother's Day. As we know by now, MLB backs Breast Cancer on this day and Braden's mom died of Cancer when he was 15. This may have been why he was so emotional with his grandmother on the field after the game.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>I was very happy for him since he did it on Mother's Day. As we know by now, MLB backs Breast Cancer on this day and Braden's mom died of Cancer when he was 15. This may have been why he was so emotional with his grandmother on the field after the game. >>

Yeah it was a great story.

Unfortunately the Rays continue to prove they can't hit LHP image
  • Options
    TrinkettsTrinketts Posts: 1,699
    Is it just me or does every single rays batter always seem to take the first pitch no matter what.

They weren't doing this at the start of the season.

The last few games I have been seeing every batter take the first pitch with absolutely no intention of swining what so ever. Is Joe Madden trying to micromanage his team suddenly?
    Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>Is it just me or does every single rays batter always seem to take the first pitch no matter what.

The last few games I have been seeing every batter take the first pitch with absolutely no intention of swining what so ever. Is Joe Madden trying to micromanage his team suddenly? >>

I agree that they were looking at a lot of called strikes.

At the end of the day it is a loss. Only thing that matters now is how they come out and play tomorrow with Garza on the mound.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it just me or does every single rays batter always seem to take the first pitch no matter what.

The last few games I have been seeing every batter take the first pitch with absolutely no intention of swining what so ever. Is Joe Madden trying to micromanage his team suddenly? >>

Welcome to the AL East.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    well done!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started