Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

ID Help, OLD metal detecting find...

Maybe someone can help me out, this was found outside Berlin Germany about 1974. Don't let the location fool you though as the first find was a wheat penny. I am sure I have seen this design before but can't seem to jog the memory enough to track it down. Any help???? Thanks, Rick
A penny for size comparison, it is really thin, about a quarter the thickness of a dime,
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
dime. My oldest US
detecting find so far.
I dig almost every
signal I get for the most
part. Go figure...

Comments

• Options
    DCHDCH Posts: 332
    Double Parisis of France, early to mid 1300s. Legend on the right picture(rotate 90ccw) would ID the ruler, but I can't make out any of it.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks familiar to me. French?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Perhaps THIS website in French will help you determine the origins of your Jeton.
    Jim
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool. Nice work from those who posted info, too. I would have been stumped, beyond narrowing the date down to somewhere between the 12th and 14th centuries by the style of the thing.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I think this site has the more likely candidate, looks like the 4th one down-
    Fitzwilliam Museum
    Jim