Home Sports Talk
Options

Mariners---over or under==Guys who hit 20 HR's

Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
The # is 1. I'm going with under.image

Comments

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Yeah not much power in that lineup. Griffey had 3 shots that were nearly gone this past series against the Rays. One went for a ground rule double and the others were DEEP fly balls that were caught on the warning track. It sucks because you know that 5 years ago almost all 3 of them would have probably been long gone! image I'll be at the Rays-Mariners game next Friday, the 14th. I'm looking forward to seeing Griffey play, this is almost definitely his final season and I have never seen him in person so hopefully he will be in the lineup that night. He's always been one of my favorites for his great attitude and personality and I'm looking forward to seeing him, even if it is when he is in the twilight of his career.
  • Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    And I'll bet that the top 3 HR hitters in MLB out slug the M's whole team. I think there are 3 players right now that have more jacks than the Mariners. They've got a pretty anemic offense.
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    Gutierrez and Lopez COULD hit 20...but they would not clear it by much. It's nice that Jack focused on pitching and D, but you can't completely ignore O. It takes a lot of singles to score 4-5 runs.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ichiro will hit five against the Red Sox image
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    People were getting excited at the beginning of the season. I was thinking...for what. Felix could not pitch any better than last year, they lost Branyan who was their power guy last year. Cliff Lee and Figgins made everyone hopeful. I pictured the offense doing what they're doing.

How can this problem be fixed when this is what you're looking at====right now they are hopeless on offense and if they improve they are only really bad.

Griffey looks done and I really like Griffey. The catcher is a terrible hitter. Ichiro is overrrated. Figgins is way overhyped. Look at the #'s.. Lee has only had 1 great year and so Felix.

The team is going nowhere and they are going fast. The division is not very good; but the Rangers are clearly more talented than the Mariners.

It's actually looking like the Seahawks scenerio....clearly just not enough talent to compete.