Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Just wondering about the 84 Stickers

I saw a box of 84 Baseball stickers so I thought I would get it. Are these hard to come by? If so which ones are rare?

imageimage
Knotty Hobby Woodworks
Vintage Rookies

Comments

• I remember those as never really being a big seller in the stores. Make sure you get the book that goes with it. Although it destroys the value (Not that there is any), but I would suggest putting the stickers into the book. It makes a really nice collectible.

I think 1985 had gold all-star stickers that were pretty cool. Maybe the same for 1984????
  • UlyssesExtravaganzaUlyssesExtravaganza Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    I collected those as a kid because I collected everything. Cool. I would hand cut the Cal card on the box and submit it to PSA provided it's not too scratched up and looks good (and it's accepted). I think I have my scissor cut jagged edge George Hendrick laying around somewhere. I slapped those things on the front of my binders that held my cards. I'm pretty sure there's a Mattingly in that set. I think he shares a sticker with another guy. Not saying it has value but just a neat thing to have.
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    The stickers are not rare at all. The box bottoms are pretty rare, though, as most of the stickers were distributed in packs, and not in this boxes with the cards on them.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • There's a set of 24 1984 sticker box uncut panels on ebay now for BIN $75.00
    If one were so inclined (and had a good cutter), it might be worth the investment to cut them and submit.
    $3.00 per card / $6.00 to submit.
    May be able to get $20 for a certain few star cards. Am I wrong?
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭
    I'd pay $30 for a Ted Simmons PSA 10, and I think the Ripken would bring decent money in a 10. $75 does seem a little high though.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice. The ripken is beautiful no scratches has a shot at a 10. What is the best way to cut it out?
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies