Home Sports Talk
Options

Jimenez the REAL Cy Young winner?

Hands down has had the best start this season. Not Halladay, not Lincecum, not Wainright, not Carpenter. Can he keep it up for a full season?

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hands down has had the best start this season. Not Halladay, not Lincecum, not Wainright, not Carpenter. Can he keep it up for a full season? >>

Can he keep up an undefeated record and a 0.87 ERA? I'm going to go out on a limb and say "no."

Can he keep up a Cy Young-caliber season? Perhaps. The dude looks like the real deal, though pitching half his games in Coors Field could hurt him.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Hands down has had the best start this season. Not Halladay, not Lincecum, not Wainright, not Carpenter. Can he keep it up for a full season? >>

Can he keep up an undefeated record and a 0.87 ERA? I'm going to go out on a limb and say "no."

Can he keep up a Cy Young-caliber season? Perhaps. The dude looks like the real deal, though pitching half his games in Coors Field could hurt him. >>

Does pitching at Coors Field really hurt a pitcher anymore since they invented the humidor? I would bet the scoring average in a game is not much higher there than anywhere else if you take only thelast few years. Look how much "power" Todd Helton lost when they starting using it.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He will have more losses than wins by the end of the season!
  • Options

<< <i>He will have more losses than wins by the end of the season! >>

Now that I dont see happening.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    flash in the pan
  • Options

<< <i>flash in the pan >>

He has 2 solid seasons before this one and was still hitting 98 on the radar gun in the 9th inning of his no-hitter. The only thing holding him back to this point has been control and he is still working on that but barring any arm troubles he is no flash in the pan.
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    Ubaldo isn't this good, but he's the real deal...

2009 Post AS Break - 9 - 3, 3.08 ERA, .209 BAA.

the humidor has suppressed HRs at Coors, but it's still a hitter's park due to the cavernous OF. Coors inflates batting avg and runs more than HRs now...of course it also helps that the Rockies no longer have many power bats with Holliday gone and Helton off the gas. Helton's drop in power has much less to do with the humidor, and more to do with the juice...err Creatine.

*Park Factor compares the rate of stats at home vs. the rate of stats on the road. A rate higher than 1.000 favors the hitter. Below 1.000 favors the pitcher. Teams with home games in multiple stadiums list aggregate Park Factors.

RUNS SCORED at HOME 2009

1 Coors Field 1.24
    2 Chase Field (AZ) 1.19
    3 Wrigley Field 1.14
    4 Sun Life Stadium (Miami FL) 1.13
    5 Kauffman Stadium (KC) 1.11
    6 Mall of America Field (MN) 1.09
    7 Rangers Ballpark in Arlington 1.08
    8 Fenway Park 1.07
    9 U.S. Cellular Field (Chicago) 1.06
    10 AT&T Park (San Francisco) 1.05
    11 Oriole Park at Camden Yards 1.03

HOME RUNS ALLOWED 2009
    1 Yankee Stadium 1.26
    2 Angel Stadium of Anaheim 1.22
    3 Rangers Ballpark in Arlington 1.19
    4 U.S. Cellular Field (Chicago) 1.19
    5 Oriole Park at Camden Yards 1.18
    6 Great American Ball Park (Cincinnati) 1.17
    7 Sun Life Stadium (Miami, Florida) 1.12
    8 Mall of America Field (Minneapolis) 1.11
    9 Coors Field 1.08
    10 Miller Park 1.06
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>flash in the pan >>

I hope that was in sarcasm. He needs to cut down on the free passes, but postive trends show a development into a legit ace. Color me impressed.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    As far as Todd Helton is concerned: I believe he lost his power when he "stopped" using it. -Not when they started using it.====If you know what I mean. Too many peaks and valleys with his stats.image