Home Sports Talk

Orioles

The Orioles are 12 games back after the first month of the season. How many games back of the division leader will the finish? I will say 57.

Comments

• fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    what happened to that franchise?

they have been SO bad for so long!

its a shame,that park is empty these days....
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    no more then 35 games back at the end
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they play Boston 90 times, they won't be far back at all

• << <i>what happened to that franchise?

>>

Same with the Pirates, Reds, and Royals.
  • Reds and Royals have quite a few good, young players. time to consolidate them and the pirates into one good young team image though they will still need a 5th starter lol.
  • <<what happened to that franchise?

its a shame,that park is empty these days....>>

That is the easiest question I have ever heard; Peter Angelos happened.

Angelos

History has taught us that when the biggest ego is in the owner's box the team is doomed. Do you remember the look on Angelos's face when he was booed on September 06, 1995 because no one wanted to hear his long winded B.S.; they just wanted to hear Ripken. I remember; I will never forget it. The best that can happen to the O's is Angelos selling the team.image
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    i concur angelos happened

just sits back and collects his $$$ now
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Reds and Royals have quite a few good, young players. time to consolidate them and the pirates into one good young team image though they will still need a 5th starter lol. >>

But as soon as the Royals prospects start to break out and near arbitration eligibility, they're traded for more prospects...

Gotta love baseball's economics.
  • The correct answer is 30 games back.
  • You were close, lol, may have been right if they had stuck with Samuel or Tremblay. Orioles have some talent, tough division and Angelos the problem, hard to use the division as an excuse with the way the Rays are playing. However looks like there last ditch effort, Crawford not returning and some others pricing themselves out with good play and attendence issues. Guess it goes back to Angeloss.