Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

First Time in 19 Years

Just wanted y'all to know that for the first time in 19 years I am actually buying some sports cards. I have been coming on the Sports Card Forum and posting for a year or two. I went on the BST the other day and actually ordered something. Not much mind you but I did buy something. Last cards I bought was in 1991.
I post some old Nascar ticket stubs from time to time and collected cards from 86 to 91. I come here because I love your passion for the hobby.

Ron
Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Comments

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back. Beginning again is a good place to be. One can find an early focus and work toward a collection that will be truly appreciated and not just collect dust.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Ron!

Good luck in your purchases.
    Mike
  • Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    Ron

Your going to be hooked again lol, enjoy the collecting.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    welcome back image
  • Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    All my old cards are buried in my junk room. I do remember I took time to separate the extra cards and put them in the white boxes that were either 3 or 4 trey divided. And yes they are put in order by number. But what good are common cards from that era? Maybe to look for the error cards that have been discussed on here for the last few weeks. My two favorites to collect were Rollie Fingers and Cal Ripkin. Used to buy every one of their cards I could get within reason. It took a while but managed to get an 1985 Topps factory sealed set and an 89 Upper Deck sealed Factory set. (Both of these sets were over $100 each then) Bunches of unopened wax boxes, Leaf, Donruss, etc. A football set or two and I know one Hockey set. Hockey cards are hard to come by in the South. But it was fun when I did it and the heck with the cost and the loss. I must dig them out and see what I do have.

Ron

Edited to add the cost of the 2 sets.
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.