Please pm me

Comments

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is book?
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

<< <i>What is book? >>

Far less than what he's willing to pay.
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    The Seaver is TOUGH. It took me forever to find mine (not for sale though). Good luck with your search!

• RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    I'm in the same boat. I need a 1986 Baseball Stars Button of Oil Can Boyd. Books for a dime, I'll gladly pay $100.
    imageRIP
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm in the same boat. I need a 1986 Baseball Stars Button of Oil Can Boyd. Books for a dime, I'll gladly pay $100. >>

Do you have a pic of what it looks like? Just curious if it is a button or a pin back?

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the highjack...

Regarding the 1975 MSA Tom Seaver, it is definitely the hardest of the 1975 Test discs to find. Columbia City Collectibles used to have one a couple of years back as part of a complete set. Not sure if they still do, but these people always have a lot of oddball stuff and may be able to search it out for you.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm in the same boat. I need a 1986 Baseball Stars Button of Oil Can Boyd. Books for a dime, I'll gladly pay $100. >>

Darn, just went through the 20 buttons I have but no Boyd image I would have sold it to you for $10!
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

Or he will take it and send you nothing
  • RobbRobb Posts: 2,034

<< <i>

Do you have a pic of what it looks like? Just curious if it is a button or a pin back?

Donato >>

eBay link to a Pete Rose on eBay

While listed as being a button they are pin back.

<< <i>Darn, just went through the 20 buttons I have but no Boyd image I would have sold it to you for $10! >>

Thanks for taking the time to look, Tunahead.

ETA: I've been looking for this button off and on for 6 or 7 years now. It is on the checklist but I do not think that it exist. I talked to the photographer assigned as well as the company that made them and both said that they had no direct memory of Boyd but that they supplied the checklist which would have been checked against a proof sheet. They no longer had files on the project. Beckett said that they used the checklist as provided by the company and made up/guessed the BV based on popularity of the set (virtually none) and the collectibility of Boyd (also practically none) rather than reports of actual sells. I have had two instances of dealers having "complete" sets in their inventory. Neither had a Boyd.
    imageRIP