Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

GAI Nightmare Stories...

Lots of rumors and innuendo. Any hard evidence/ real life experiences? What are you guys doing (or have done) with these cards?

Comments

• Options
    I've bought many GAI slabs just for the sake of cracking and submitting to PSA. But, I will only go after the old GAI slabs. My success rate on equal or greater grades from PSA is 100%.

I will not even think about buying one of the newer GAI slabs...
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've bought many GAI slabs just for the sake of cracking and submitting to PSA. But, I will only go after the old GAI slabs. My success rate on equal or greater grades from PSA is 100%.

I will not even think about buying one of the newer GAI slabs... >>

I must echo what KatsCards said. I've had a similar success rate with GAI crackouts, but will not go near the newer slabs.
    Brett
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Try your luck on some older 55 Bowmans in GAI slabs, I bet your luck changes.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    I had great experience crossovers with the older flips
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Morgoth,
    Yes, the 55 Bowmans are plentiful in GAI slabs. There are a few GAI 9's of Mantle and Mays on EBAY. They have been on there forever and will stay for sale forever. ----Some big dealers.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    The last time I was at BBCE I had Steve look at 9 GAI packs with the new flip (70's & 80's OPC hockey) that I purchased off of ebay for real cheap. He said that 8 of them were good and only 1 of them was resealed. I was very surprised when he told me that.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I think Morgoth was implying that the 55 Bowmans in GAI slabs are altered.

Think shiny.

Steve
    Good for you.