Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Complete: PSA 10 Frank Thomas Topps Basic Set

I'm not really a registry guy, but I started this project last year for an inexpensive set challenge.

During the break up of the number one set, I picked up the 10s I needed...though I think I had some help for Master Set Numero Uno James Jones. I have a feeling he backed off for me and I thank him.

I picked up the last piece from the #2 registry guy, a pop 1 2003 Topps card.

So thank you to those gentlemen.

imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com

Comments

• Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    NICE SET

congrats on the accomplishment!
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Very Nice, Congratulations.
  • Options
    CubsFan41CubsFan41 Posts: 513 ✭✭
    Well done, sir.
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Ross, very nice.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Thank you gentlemen. I've finished a lot of projects this year already. None too big, but it's nice to get another out of the way and narrow my current focus a bit.
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    Congrats. Awesome set!
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    I like it, Ross. congrats!

• Options
    A great set! The cards look great, he was a great player, and those are some classic cards.

Are there many 1990 NNOF PSA 10 floating around out there?

EDIT: On a side note, like 3 weeks ago, I pulled a Frank Thomas out of a 1990 Topps Jumbo pack I had been sitting on for about 20 years.

I was hoping it was a NNOF when I saw the # 1 Draft Pick opening the pack, but it was not to be.

I'll have to scan it and see what kind of grade everybody might think it would get after sitting in the Jumbo for all those years!

Surely it won't be a 10!
    Collecting: non-sports (celebrities, movies, tv, Batman, Wrestling & Wrestling Divas, & more), and sports (Spurs, Cowboys, Braves and other favorites)

My eBay Store: Chosen Point's Heroic Diversions eBay Store
  • Options
    Thanks again gents.

<< <i>A great set! The cards look great, he was a great player, and those are some classic cards.

Are there many 1990 NNOF PSA 10 floating around out there? >>

Thanks for the comments and to answer your question, none. There is one on the registry, but it was a mechanical error. The flip reads NNOF PSA 10, but the card was of non-error variety.

This is my NNOF:

• Options
    Yeah, that's a very beautiful card. I am highly jealous! image

Is that a print mark in the blue where the name should be, or is that part of the obscured name itself?

It looks like it might be the very bottom of the F.

Also, I always wondered who the skinny kid (compared to Frank of course) was in the card.

Anybody know which school Auburn was playing in the photo?

Collecting: non-sports (celebrities, movies, tv, Batman, Wrestling & Wrestling Divas, & more), and sports (Spurs, Cowboys, Braves and other favorites)

• Options

<< <i>Yeah, that's a very beautiful card. I am highly jealous! image

Is that a print mark in the blue where the name should be, or is that part of the obscured name itself?

It looks like it might be the very bottom of the F.

Also, I always wondered who the skinny kid (compared to Frank of course) was in the card.

Anybody know which school Auburn was playing in the photo? >>

Yes, it's the very bottom of the F, you are correct.

The school is Tulane...the player...well, I'm not sure, but it's a long time project that I've been working on to procure a dual auto'd card of Big Frank and the faceless man. I've got the player narrowed down to 3 people now, I hope to have a feature on it for the website I've been slowly building called BigHurtHOF.com.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Bunch. I'll check out your website if it's operational, even if it's under construction.

If I was the guy in the photo I would have been trying to sell autographs at card shows and everything as soon as Frank became big-time!

You wouldn't think it would be hard to track him down, but obviously it's not easy.

Good luck on finding out the mystery man's identity!

I'll scan that 1990 Thomas I recently pulled when I get a chance, I can't believe it's been 20 years!!! image

• Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Congrats on finishing the set.

The 91, 93, and 2002 are my favorite shots.

• Options
    Great looking cards!
    Thanks for your help everyone.
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Congrats!!! image