Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

MA Coin Shops...

Anybody ever order from them? They have a bullion coin I want that I can't find anywhere else. They look very reputable. Anyone have experience with them? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I've had good and bad experiences through MAshops, depending on the seller.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    I think of MA-Shops as the German equivalent to VCoins; MA-Shops is the forum, but you are purchasing from one of a few dozen dealers.

I have made a few purchases, good and bad. I prefer to work directly from a couple of the dealer's direct websites, as the prices are slightly better and the pictures are bigger. The biggest complain I have experienced is weeding out the cleaned coins - sometimes the pictures do not accurately represent cleanings. You would have less to worry about if it is bullion, but something to consider nevertheless.
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    If you can, work with the dealers directly.

My experience has the dealers dropping their prices the 10% that MA charges them to sell each piece through MA (this may not be written in stone but has worked for me with all the dealers I have worked with.) Additionally, and this is a biggie, you WILL pay VAT on each piece and they will not remove this tax from your total. If you write to them to ask about anything you WILL NOT get a response.

I use them as a clearinghouse and then deal with the respective dealers one on one (don't write them via MA, go to their actual website to make contact).
  • Options
    Kurt4Kurt4 Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Thanks for the info. folks. JimK helped me out and I feel very comfortable ordering from the dealer that has the coin. This is a great little community we have here.image